Weekly Post Partum Chat & Support 11/15-11/21 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 187 Old 11-21-2008, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
I think a lot of friends without kids don't understand what it's like to have a baby. It can be so boring and isolating. When we make plans sans baby it can be the one thing we're doing for ouselves in a long time.
Yeah. I was really looking forward to going out, doing my hair and makeup, putting on a non-nursing shirt, and having a drink with my friend. Sucks.

Is it possible for me to have thrush and Nora not to have it? Her mouth looks fine. I'm just wondering if it's stupid for me to be taking diflucan and doing nothing for her. Should I get the medication for her from the ped?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#182 of 187 Old 11-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post
Amber .... so I read over the info about vasospasms and I totally have that problem. Thanks for helping me understand what's going on with my BB's!!
No prob! It's really helped me to figure it out too! It still hurts like heck, but at least I know what's going on. Well, part of it anyways, we also think she has a really shallow latch b/c of a strong gag relfex - but my bbs just make a ton of milk and shoot it out so she hasn't been motivated to self correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamanurse View Post
I think a lot of friends without kids don't understand what it's like to have a baby.
A huge ! That totally sucks Carrie!!

We've had a friend visiting the past 2 days (at least not staying with us) and he just doesn't *get it*. Like, if I'm trying to rock her to sleep, and I need to be in the living room to do so, and it's 8 in the morning and you're waiting for my Dh to finish getting ready and I'm yawning like crazy... don't sit right next to us and try and chat with me in your normal voice!!! It's incredibly stimulating and I'm trying to get her to sleep so *I* can go back to sleep! He's leaving today and needs to come over to get some things, but I just want to pretend we're still sleeping b/c he's gonna want to take more pics and she's passed out in the wrap and I'm still in my pjs and I'm not waking her up for him and he's not taking pics of me in my spit up covered pjs!

AAM: She's smiling!!!!! :: In the past two days she's started to respond to us with real smiles! Just melts my heart, especially when she smiles at Dh.

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#183 of 187 Old 11-21-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lion View Post
AAM: She's smiling!!!!! :: In the past two days she's started to respond to us with real smiles! Just melts my heart, especially when she smiles at Dh.
Don't their smiles just send a chill down your entire being? I agree, they melt your heart!

I'm so BORED today. I don't know what it is. i've actually cleaned the kitchen, took out the trash, took out the recycles, spend hours online, did a load of wash...and STILL. I've got at least an hour until DH gets home from work. Funny how boring it is when you don't spend your entire day napping.

So...Nora has a knot in her hair. It's tiny, but it's there. And it bugs me to no end, but I just cannot bring myself to cut it out. I don't want to cut her hair! It's only like 5 strands that got tangled into this tiny little knot, but I cannot bring myself to cut her hair. What do I do???

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#184 of 187 Old 11-21-2008, 06:46 PM

Carrie- I had thrush without my baby having it once. It's possible.

My target misprice marathon came today and i'm so excited!!! He looks so stinking cute in it.
#185 of 187 Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 PM

I am so saddened by Txgirl's news.

Carrie- the margarita sounds like a plan after the plans with your bff fell through.
Don't worry about parenting in front of the families. It is so easy to over think these things and stress about it, but you are a great mama and standing your ground now will be best for everyone-- so if she sleeps in your arms exclusively, then you make that happen. As Tara said, you know your baby's needs and you can anticipate them best.

AAM: I went to Target today for a breast pump, and their selection was terrible. We have basically no where else around here (aside from walmart, where I do not shop) that I can think to buy one, so I think I'll go to the breastfeeding support center and see what they have to recommend.

While at Target I was doing a little Christmas shopping (slippers for DD, and a robe) and called DH. He opened with "I realized we are hemorraging money" and then later in the call encouraged me to buy the super spendy breast pump. Not going to happen, fella! I might be going back to work when DS is 9 months old, but I'm not going to invest that kind of money right now! Do the hand pumps work? I've never had a manual one, and don't want to spend the comparatively little amount when it might not be the one I want.

My beautiful baby boy is going bald and getting the worst acne! I am so bummed, as it is right before he'll have 1,000 photos taken of him by all of the family. I feel like it's something I've done, but I guess it's just time for him to turn awkward. He still has a beautiful smile, however.

I think I took on too much for tomorrow and my DD won't let me nap! We have plans to go to a children's museum (after the trip to farmer's market, of course) and then tickets to a musical tomorrow night. When will I sleep and do laundry? Uh oh.
#186 of 187 Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 PM

audsma, check with your health ins. bcbs is paying for my pump rental. i do have a hand pump too--avent isis but wouldnt use it for work.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
#187 of 187 Old 11-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page