Mothering Forum banner

Happy Anniversary Multicultural Families Forum

966 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  FelixMom 
#1 ·
Did anyone notice? I did. Congratulations MDC!!!
:
:
I saw from before this started how much this meant to many families. I posted some in the beginning and I suppose I am a lurker most of the time now. But given how hard people pushed to have this forum and what it means to have it, I could not resist but to celebrate the milestone.
I am so happy to see that parents have a place to come share many of their very real events that many without multicultural experiences might readily dismiss. That they have a place to exchange helpful hints and antidotes about life that are unique to multicultural families.
So congrats on having a place that doesn't dismiss or mock the complexities of the multicultural family unit. (Please note I am not implying that any place on MDC would do that). But I believe there is an adding safety net here. It's just so nice to see people respecting the complexities of all races and cultures and it's wonderful to have a place that allows us to acknowledge the struggles that let our families reach this point.

:
:
:
:
:

See less See more
#4 ·
Happy Birthday then!
I didn't know it was only one year old.
It's the page that comes up when I go to the MDC forum because theses days I just NEED quite oftern to read and learn and ask things now that I've found this forum !
Thanks to all the people who help it run smoothly.

#6 ·
Thanks for creating this space just for us, Yinsum
:

It's nice to be part of a virtual community where people face similar issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.