Caucasian Moms with Asian husbands - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 01-14-2010, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
me too, me too!

i'm a ridiculously white (english, irish, swiss, and welsh) american living in canada with my chinese husband and our amazing mixed son.

my husband still laments that he ended up with "whitey" hair, as it's thin and fine just like mine. i hope #2 has hair like daddy!!!
#32 of 40 Old 01-23-2010, 05:52 PM

I'm a first generation German American and Irish-Native American and married to an Indian. Eventually we plan on moving to India but for now we are in Oklahoma. We have a 3 year old daughter.
#33 of 40 Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlover2017 View Post
I'm a first generation German American and Irish-Native American and married to an Indian. Eventually we plan on moving to India but for now we are in Oklahoma. We have a 3 year old daughter.
Kudos to you on being open to that. I am SO not moving to India. Luckily my DH is not interested in moving back there either.

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

#34 of 40 Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 AM

DH is being deported. If I want to stay married I have no choice. I'm really excited though.
#35 of 40 Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 AM
Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlisbeth View Post
me too, me too!

i'm a ridiculously white (english, irish, swiss, and welsh) american living in canada with my chinese husband and our amazing mixed son.

my husband still laments that he ended up with "whitey" hair, as it's thin and fine just like mine. i hope #2 has hair like daddy!!!
I have the same ethnic background, and our first son has fine brown hair like mine...I was hoping #2 would look more like DH...#2 has RED hair! I was very surprised to see the Irish genes shine through like that!

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol
#36 of 40 Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
I have the same ethnic background, and our first son has fine brown hair like mine...I was hoping #2 would look more like DH...#2 has RED hair! I was very surprised to see the Irish genes shine through like that!
My mom is Japanese, with typical features, and my dad is a red-head with blue eyes and the typical red head complexion (pale skin, freckles, although he's gotten a bit ruddy as he's gotten older)... one of my sisters has auburn hair, that gets much lighter in the sun.
#37 of 40 Old 01-26-2010, 05:06 AM

Wow, mommas. As someone who posted early on in this thread and hasn't checked it in a while, I'm a little astonished at all the talk about our kids' appearance. I'm seeing things like "exotic" and "aren't mixed babies gorgeous" and stuff coming from some of us same women who, if we heard a stranger talking about our kids this way, it could be awkward, off-putting, or even offensive. The children themselves may not like all the analysis either if they are old enough to understand. While it IS interesting how things like genetics play out, am I the only feeling this way? I hope to hear more from others about things like familial relationships, gender/ethnic/language issues, and identity.

Chinese Czecher...I have to admit, that one is hilarious!
#38 of 40 Old 01-28-2010, 07:54 PM

Oops, I double posted. Sorry.
#39 of 40 Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM

I am chinese, born and raised in Hong Kong, moved to the states about 12 years ago, my husband is American. I just gave birth a beautiful baby boy 5weeks ago.

Nice to meet all multi-racial families.
#40 of 40 Old 04-10-2010, 01:56 AM

I'm Caucasian (EuroMutt, many generations), married to a first generation South Korean American guy. : ) My son is light-skinned, dark hair, brown almond-shaped eyes. My daughter is medium-skinned, dark hair, brown almond-shaped eyes.

I'm VERY fair-skinned, and my hubby is medium-skin color.

I love this board. It's so great to see so many mixed marriages that are Asian married to non-Asian, like my hubby and I. And I even see some white woman married to Korean men here, too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page