Moms of mixed kids - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

I'm trying to reach out to moms of mixed kids. I'm of east indian origin and new mom of a precious 6 month old baby boy:-) Looking forward to making connections, sharing stories and experiences!!

Best,

Anne

#2 of 9 Old 12-28-2010, 06:36 PM

Hi Anne!

My DH is of East Indian origin also and I am white.  DS1 is 3 1/2 and DS2 has just turned 1. 

Welcome!!

Loving my two wild and crazy boys -- DS1 06/07 and DS2 12/09
#3 of 9 Old 12-30-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there! Lovely to make your acquaintance:) Congratulations to the proud mommy of two boys. My 6 month old leaves me exhausted, so I'm quite in awe of anyone who has more than one kid;-) lol. Looking forward to sharing wild stories and growing pains of the little ones.

warm regards,

Anne.

#4 of 9 Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 PM

I have 4....though not East Indian.  Sudanese  :)  Unfortunately (in my eyes) Daddy has worked long hours up till recently and the children do NOT speak any other language than English.  DH speaks Arabic plus some regional dialect (I don't know the name, that's what he tells me it is--'tribal' or 'regional')  And he also speaks some Hindi from 11 years spent in India.  I'd *love* for the kids to be able to talk to their own relatives.....*sigh*  he is starting to come around.

I think it's the cutest thing...the two middle kids since Daddy has been home more, they are starting to pretend to speak Arabic on the phone LOL it's cute "I'm talking to Uncle!"  (that's another cultural thing, it's not Mr. so-and-so, it's Uncle)  they're totally not really speaking it though, they know "Salaam alaikum" and then they totally just jabber but it's ADORABLE because they are loud just like him and get the intonation right lol

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#5 of 9 Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 PM

Peaceful Mama, we have had the same issue.  Dh is Ethiopian, speaks 5 languages.  He was thrilled when the kids and I started learning the trade language of his country, but really doesn't feel he has the time to participate or the ability to teach. :(   I was encouraged though, when dh called his family and spoke in his language, the children loooooved to listen and the oldest told me that it felt like a familiar language to him, though he doesn't know it.

#6 of 9 Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM

my dh feels the same way working too much no time to teach.  I told him he just needs to TALK TO THEM  :P  just like he does to all his friends kids who both parents speak Arabic and they only speak English at school  :P  grr  but anyway he is trying now.

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#7 of 9 Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM

bump...

I'm a mixed kid myself (half Asian, half white), so my DD is...a big ol' blender mix girl..but overall, she looks white.

#8 of 9 Old 02-03-2011, 01:42 PM

i'm white, dh is black&white, so dd is a little mixed ;) before she was born we would call her our mocha baby, but besides having a wide 'black' nose [that was basically cut off daddy's face and stuck to hers : P ], she looks white :)

joy.gifplay-at-home mom to eb, who graced us with her presence 3/2010, and hopefully to several more down the road!
energy.gifbaby-dancin like crazy for #2 since julyPeace.gif[darn that bf'ing! winky.gif]
no whey!peace.gif
#9 of 9 Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Does adoption count?  Dh, ds and I are lily white and dd is a very obvious Latina.  :D  We're not sure if she's also AA mixed--there are a number of things that make us and her drs. think she may be.  We speak some French and my inlaws only speak Italian.  The worst is that I can't keep the three Roman-based languages straight.  They're so similar that I constantly get them mixed up... so thankfully we have "adopted" the Mexican family on the block that help us with Spanish for the kids!  (Hey--just because *I* can't keep them straight doesn't mean the kids will have the same problem!)

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page