Happy Chanukah and beginning of the Holidays - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-20-2011, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all

Our family is both religious and racially mixed.  Neither my husband and I grew up very religious but we have Jewish, Catholic and Baptist roots.  We like to do a bit of Chanukah to celebrate that part (his father's family) of our heritage with our daughter.  We will probably light our first candle tonight.  Does anyone else do mixed cultural holiday seasons? 

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are loosely celebrating Chanukah this year.  We are not Jewish, but my older son attends preschool at the local synagogue and his class learned all about it.  He wanted our family to have a Chanukah party too so we made latkes, lit a candle and played dreidle.

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).

Tags
Multicultural Families

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page