Anyone familiar wiht afghan hazara culture and language? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am engaged to a Hazara from Afghanistan. We talk a lot of the future and he seems reluctant to tell me his expectations about our life together and us having children. He want us to be together and get married and all that, but I fear he is a little afraid of confirming stereotypes about men from muslim cultures. He don`t seem to have many opinions about how our children will be raised when it comes to culture, but if I tell him that I want our children to know their heritage and that I want them to learn his language he gets so incredibly happy. So to help make us a family with two cultures when that time comes, I want to learn as much as possible. I know other afghans, both hazara and other, but that is mostly men and the few women I know speak little norwegian. So what I am trying to say is that I miss this female perspective on this culture, anything would be appreciated.

I also wish to learn more of the language, but the language that is his, is hazaragi. But there are few resources out there, so I was wondering if anyone knows this language or knows how I can speed up the learning process.

I am also interested in hazara wedding traditionshearts.gif

#2 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Well you can try to learn Dari language if you learn Dari then it will be easy for you adopt Hazaragi accent and later you can learn deep Hazaragi words. If you learn Persian it will also help. Dari and Persian are familiar. 

KhoDa PushTho PaNai Tho (A Hazaragi word meaning is# God protect you)

: )

#3 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for answering :) I think I will have to do it like that..

Tashakur :)

#4 of 5 Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 PM

Hi i myself am married to an Afghan hazara man in Australia (i am from french family culture myself) so we have an interacial marraige, we have been together for 4.5 years, learning language is important so thats good that you have already taken inititive, religion is also very important as the children always take on fathers religion, thankfully for me thats not an issue as i am muslim myself alhumdulillah, if you decide after reading quran and learning about the real Islam (not sterotypes) that you dont want to be muslim urself, i guess itll come down to being okay with your children being raised as muslims, he himself might not be fussed atm, but when kids and family come into equation it will, afghan weddings start with an islamic Nikah with just small group on immediate family, and then either same day or days-week later a party usually segregated men/women depending how pious the family are or could be men & women in one place but women generally wont dance as men are there so just men will dance and kids, i suppose you can wear ur traditional white dress unless he and his family would like you to wear there kind of traditional wedding dress, and once again depending on piety would be a modest wedding dress also(no clevage out and at least cover arms) if you become muslim maybe a lose scarf or even just out of respect they might ask you to wear one, usually a decorative one they are quite lovely really but depends on how you like these types of things, all the best for your marraige inshallah zinda bashi khoda hafiz :)

#5 of 5 Old 09-15-2012, 02:01 PM

Heia Marjane!

Jeg er en hazara unge man som bor i Norge i 3-4 år.

Først og fremst jeg ønsker bådde deg og kjæresten din et glad og lykkelig liv :-)

Jeg synes det er spennende og fantastisk med et flerkulturelle liv, men kan man oppleve bådde vanskelighet og lykke og glede tider med et flerkultulrelt ekteskap i sitt liv!

Unnskyld meg, jeg tror at kanskje din bakgrunn være norsk ikke også, men det er landet som vi bor på, Norge. Da bådde innvandrere og nordmenn trenger å lære og forstå godt hverandre og selvfølgelig vi må lære mest den norske kultur, historie, språk osv. Men det også trenges at nordmenn lære seg og forstå om de andre innvandreres kultur, bakgrunn, historie og språk osv, slik at kunne nærmere seg og kommunesere bedre med hvernadre.

Så, du spurte om Hazargi kultur, språk, tradisjoner, ekteskap osv og hvordan du kan få lære om disse. Kanskje det være noen punkter at kan hjelpe deg bedre, hvis du enten være kjent med muslimske religion før eller være muslim, hvis du har en bakgrunn enn norske-bakrgunnen i familien din. Som Ali Asghar og Bellejaanam skrevet oppe, å være kjent med sånne punkter skal hjelpe deg bedre.

Marjane, kanskje jeg kan hjelpe deg litt med noen punkter som du trenger mest til å lære. Jeg er enig med Ali, først du kan lære dari eller persik/farsi og etterpå/samtidig kan lære bedre Hazaragi språk.

Hvis du bor i Oslo, kanskje du kan finne noen hazara jenter/kvinner eller menn slik lage vennskap med og lære alt som du trenger! Jeg kjenner en hazara familie i Oslo, knaskje du være interresert i kommunisering med dem! Men først jeg må være sikkert at bor de ennå i Oslo!?

Også jeg ønsker skrever en lære bok om hazaragi-språk i framtiden, har jeg skrevet og begynte med noen sider som alfabet, tall osv. Hvis du liker å se på, bare si fra og lage kontakt med min e-post til å sende den gjennom e-post.

E. Bamy

(bamy@live.no)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page