Is unschooling easy? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4
Unschooling > Is unschooling easy?
annakiss's Avatar annakiss 11:02 PM 01-21-2009
My goodness! Thank you!

MamaMonica's Avatar MamaMonica 05:02 PM 01-22-2009
Hello unschoolers- some posts were removed from this thread. Please take personal issues with other members to PM, or if there's an issue, please hit the report button.

It's important to be able to discuss ideas, but please make it less about the person posting and more about the ideas of unschooling being easy or not. Getting too personal can easily result in hurt feelings and misunderstandings. All posters here have much to offer and your insights are valuable.

Thank you for your cooperation and continue with this interesting topic.

I like the point made that parenting is hard...and unschooling is easy!
litlwons's Avatar litlwons 03:13 AM 01-23-2009
I have to say that this is one of the best unschooling threads I have read. I am walking on a path towards unschooling/life learning with my children I have to totally agree that unschooling is the easy part and parenting is the tough part. My DS 1 went to school for second grade (I thought it was going to be soooo much easier than homeschooling) and boy was I wrong. The issues we had were still there, I just had a lot less time to work on them.
The only thing I find really hard is the deschooling of myself, getting all the old voices out of my head. I am drawn so strongly to so much of unschooling, it is a ride I am loving to have.

Kathleen in San Diego:
flowers 02:42 PM 01-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by litlwons View Post
The only thing I find really hard is the deschooling of myself, getting all the old voices out of my head. I am drawn so strongly to so much of unschooling, it is a ride I am loving to have.

Kathleen in San Diego:
ITA! Isn't it amazing! Acutally, I have to admit it is really exciting for me. I am looking at it as a chance to "re-do" the way I educated and institutionalized. To tell you the truth it is my 4 year old who keeps me inline. We have had discussions about how no one can make you do anything and sometimes in the heat of a parenting moment I default to authoritative he reminds me, "But mom, it sounds like you are trying to boss me around."

Actually, now I am realizing the deschooling is kind of fun, it is deconstructing the authoritative "do what I tell you b/c I'm the parent" belief system that has been my biggest challenge.
KaraBoo's Avatar KaraBoo 07:25 PM 01-23-2009
I like deschooling myself too. I love to dig down and see WHY I have these ideas, opinions and beliefs. It's great to drag them out and question them. Makes life interesting, no? LOL
flowers 09:43 PM 01-23-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBoo View Post
I like deschooling myself too. I love to dig down and see WHY I have these ideas, opinions and beliefs. It's great to drag them out and question them. Makes life interesting, no? LOL
:
First ... 2  3  4

Up