introducing myself - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

smile.gifHi everyone,

I'm so excited to find this forum.  I have one dd who is 6 years old.  It is out first official year homeschooling and we are very eclectic.  Mostly we just play!  Today for example she read a scooby doo book and then said is school done?  I said "sure", but what I was thinking is school is never done, we learn all day!  Anyway I look forward to chatting with all of you! 

Heather

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-29-2011, 10:43 AM

I just wanted to say Hi and welcome. I am no expert unschooler by any means but it's the method we gravitate to as overall the wisest, though we veer into some parent-suggested stuff too. I guess you could call us eclectic.

#3 of 4 Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 PM

We've had a mixture of attempted homeschooling (structure/schedules), relaxed homeschooling and unschooling. One of my favorite memories is when one of my children thought we weren't "doing school" yet we had been doing much learning, even that very day. I find it easy to teach the very young. We read, explore the world, have fun. The most difficult part, for me, has been worrying about what others may be thinking.

#4 of 4 Old 02-20-2011, 11:35 PM

Hey, I'm new as well. I've been lurking for a while and think you'll like it here. We pulled ds out of school when he was 6, he will be 14 in April of this year and it's been quite a journey. We started out homeschooling traditionally, trying to replicate that school enviroment we all despised simply because...well how was he supposed to learn otherwise. We slowly drifted into relaxed/electic homeschooling and one day I realized that we were basically unschooling.

It is wonderful to see that there ARE other people who unschool and have similar opinion than I do.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page