Introduction :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello! I'm new here. I'm a happily single, WAH unschooling mama of 2 girls. I've been an MDC lurker for quite a while, and recently decided to join.

I've been unschooling for 7 years, since my first daughter was born, and convinced of unschooling a bit longer than that. I was reading up when I was pregnant and was initially shocked at the idea, but the more I read, the more I liked and felt drawn to it. 7 years later, finding that one little website about Unschooling, is responsible for the beautiful life we have together! So really my daughters are whole life whole-life unschooled biggrinbounce.gif We don't often go to conventions or anything, not that we don't want to but there always seems to be something else going on that they'd rather go to! We don't have a whole lot of unschoolers around us, or even AP parents beyond owning a fashionable sling and pulling it out in public, just to be seen with it, LOL. So it's really nice to find a supportive community where I don't feel like a circus freak and my kids looked at like carney acts.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you unschooling or relaxed HSing mamas, and to a free and open exchange of ideas about Living Wholly!

Peace, love and freedom!

- Del

Del, proud treehugger.giffambedsingle2.giflactivist.gifuc.jpghippie.gifradical unschoolin' mama of flower.gif DD 7 and lady.gif DD 5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi and welcome to the unschooling forum and MDC. wave.gifI have two unschoolers, 19 and 17.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 02-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome. I just started hanging out here recently, as well. I hung out for years on the UC forum, though (even before registering as a member of MDC). I have a 17 yr old and a 14 yr old (15 in April). This group is giving me the courage to let my kids lead out in their schooling moreso than I could before (without major stress about what the theoretical "others" thought of me).

User Tag List