Hummingbird live web-cam in Calif. - educational AND adorable! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just had to share this with you guys. There is a mama hummingbird & her babies on this live web-cam in California. The babies are getting very big and may leave the nest very soon at this rate. It's a delight to see; wonderful and educational for kids (heck, and for me!)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/7531

At night, they turn it off, so if you see that it's blank sometime, just think what time it is in California; maybe they're asleep.

#2 of 7 Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM

Thanks!!!

#3 of 7 Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 PM

I love hummingbirds and it is most favorite part of Spring is getting my feeders back up! thanks for the link!

Pardon me while I puke.gif

#4 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Love it!!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#5 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Thanks so much!

#6 of 7 Old 04-03-2011, 05:32 PM

thanks for the link! we watched a live cam of an eagle nest last year, surprising how much time you can spend just watching the birds. ;)

#7 of 7 Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Those two darling babies finally fledged the other day. We saw it happen! Watching the nest via my iPhone while at the Science Museum. (obsessed much?!!?) Anyway, what a delightful experience that was. I can't get over how thrilling the whole thing was, but it was really hard to get work done when every time I'd hear their wings whirr, I'd have to switch to another browser tab to see if it was the big moment!!

Phoebe will probably have another clutch before the season's over, for anyone else who'd like to try and watch that. They also have a link to the eagle cam and some great video clips on their web site. As for me, I can't go back, at least not know. It's too easy to obsess and watch their every little adorable move.   :-)

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page