The state of this board poll - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Thoughts about this board
The board answers my needs. I don't want anything to be changed. STRONGLY AGREE 0 0%
The board answers my needs. I don't want anything to be changed. AGREE 3 37.50%
The board answers my needs. I don't want anything to be changed. SOMEWHAT AGREE 1 12.50%
The board answers my needs. I don't want anything to be changed. SOMEWHAT DISAGREE 1 12.50%
The board answers my needs. I don't want anything to be changed. DISAGREE 3 37.50%
The board answers my needs. I don't want anything to be changed. STRONGLY DISAGREE 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2011, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does the board answer your needs? Would you like things to be different? What would you like others to do to achieve this? What would you be able to do yourself to achieve this? Anything else that I didn't mention? Please elaborate.

My kids are 8, 5 and 2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

I wanted to point out that I joined the MDC because I missed Mothering Magazine.  I found the Homeschooling and Unschooling forums by accident--I was totally not expecting them here.  I find my energies here divided.  I regularly post on the Allergies and Diggin' in the Earth mainly, and check new posts for areas where my experiences are welcome.  The entire site is useful to me.  The homeschooling forums are a bonus.  I was not looking for unschooling support, but I found this and it fits my needs quite well.  If this is even a shadow of what it was, then I'm impressed.  

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I guess I'm at a point where I don't have any burning desires.   MDC as a whole has changed so much over the past year that I've started to seek out other forms of support.  I don't see MDC 'loosening up' and I want to be able to say what I feel with out getting a warning or upsetting everyone else.  I do like to read some of the updates, but honestly my kiddo is getting older and MDC seems to attract folks with toddlers and preschoolers.  I need mom's with pre-teens and jr. high kids at this point.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
 I need mom's with pre-teens and jr. high kids at this point.

Me, too.  I don't really want to relive ages 4, 5, and 6, over and over again, lol.  People get so worked up about such young kids and whether they are progressing ok or going to be damaged for life because they can't tie their shoes or write their name or whatever.  And it's fine to be concerned.  I just can't maintain interest in that.  

It's similar at parkdays.  The new people are all young kids just starting out and all the tween kids are fading away.  I don't know if they have just found their place and their focus, made their friends, or what.  It's an awkward time.  I guess most older kids are busy doing their thing, taking whatever classes they are interested in taking.  And we are still trying to make friends so we can do things with people. 

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01

User Tag List