Pondering - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-17-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So I have been feeling for a while lately like we aren't doing enough.  Especially through the winter months.  It is feeling much better now that they are out running around and catching bugs, digging in the mud, watching birds... It is so easy in the warm weather to teach about new things.  This winter was so mild but yucky.  It was wet and cold all winter long.  I have decided within the last couple of days that I want to do more school stuff with them but only stuff they are wanting to do.  They love their Right Start Math and have asked and sometimes I put it aside or said later.  We have 6 children under the age of 9 and our youngest is 9 months so I understand it can get busy here.  I just want to feel at the end of the day that they did get something out of their day.  Plus, I do have a small fear of CAS and if they were called.  Chances are slim but I feel the need to say what we have been doing.  So I have decided to do more but in a flexible way.  They are going to love this. :)  I don't believe in making them learn something because they won't retain it anyway and they won't love learning.  We will do Math (they love it), learn a bit about science things, this yr will be the wars, some writing...  It will be a lot of research to find fun things to do with them that they will enjoy.  This way I will be doing something with all of them and I won't have to worry at all.

Do you guys ever have any worries

Thanks.  Sorry about the no question mark above.  My computer won`t let me put it for some reason.

#2 of 2 Old 03-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How about workboxes?  Fill them with cool stuff and let them have at it?  It will be a bit of work for you, though.  Pinterest has some great HSing ideas.

Tags
Unschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page