Calendar, Help?! (psst Sweetsilver ;)) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

So my daughter has been asking me for about a week to help her make a calendar.  I've gotten the materials(posterboard and all that) to make it with.  But we don't seem to ever have time to do it and I don't know how to make a calendar anyway. 

We have some serious time management/organization issues here and it's been causing a lot of problems.  We are luckily moving soon which will change that a lot, but I need to get rid of a lot of things to do so and I need to have things functional and as low-stress as possible while things are starting to change. 

So Sweetsilver I read that you have a homeschool calendar that you put up weekly, so if you or anyone else could help share how you do it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

My daughter is 5 yo. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)

SORRY, THIS IS SIDEWAYS:

This is my calendar.  Can you read that awful, sloppy writing?  This is a good example of a typical week's calendar.  Some weeks I put more on there, either because we seem to be in a truly energetic week, or else I just was more energetic about recording things.  Some weeks have very little, for the same reasons.

I use a different color for each girl.  I record our scheduled activities in advance, then add stuff as we go.  I have not had one up since... yup, since Feb 25th, and have some catching up to do.  If I have extra observations to record, or I need to catch up I might do a summary on the back.

It looks like that week I was reading a Poirot mystery to dd1, we made homemade game boards, inspired by a pack of rainbow Sharpies, helped dd1 design a dress to make, and harvested nettles.  Oh, and lots of Electric Company.  

I can make the squares smaller, but the 8-section calendar seems to be the best one.  As I was uploading this picture, I dutifully folded our next one.  I'll catch up tomorrow for this last week, or as far back as I remember.  

Here is the calendar the girls like:

I got the idea from a magazine.  The family would tear off one link, we like to use a decorated clothespin and keep the month intact.  Here are February and March.  The girls are bugging me to take Feb. down.  We usually add little shapes to represent activities on certain days, gym, riding lessons, bath days, allowance are all things they like to see on there.

Emaye likes this.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Tags
Unschooling

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page