Mothering Forum banner

Nature exchange

714 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  esg 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a nature exchange similar to this: http://rhythmofthehomeblog.com/07/being-collectors/

My older son is 6yo and loves exploring nature. I would love if we could find some other unschoolers from different parts of the country (or other countries!) who would like to exchange some natural items and learn more about the places from which they have come. In the past when I have done something similar, I have included maps and information about the locations and items, and my son has drawn pictures of the samples we included. Really, we can make it whatever we want it to be. It would be neat if it would also continue as a penpal experience as my son starts to write more too, but that's not a requirement.

We are in the San Francisco Bay Area and can provide samples from beach, river, lake, grassy meadow and oak forest. I would love to find a great variety of treasures and locations! We will probably put a cap on it of maybe 3-4 people for this go so that we won't be sending so much post, but it can always be repeated later if more people are interested.

Please respond if interested and we can work out the details from there.

Thanks!

-Alison

See less See more
#16 ·
If you're up to letting in one more or will be repeating this again later, I'd love to know. I think my son would enjoy it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.