torn about unschooling - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 06-08-2004, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you thought about doing some physical activity like swimming, dance, yoga, biking, or even meditating? That does help build your patience level by releasing stress and the good feeling you get from exersize helps you (okay I mean me really) build a bit of self confidence about the day. Makes me feel healthy and powerful.
I think it is okay that I turn inward to meet my needs - keep that self of worth and esteem high and then turn the day's events to meet the kids needs with the good vibes I get from satisfying my own needs. Good-grief does that make any sense, it is late, I guess I need to sleep LOL

I think it is more about having the self confidence to trust yourself to meet your children's needs, you are a good mama, a thinking ??? kinda mama then which path to take academically. If you take the time to meet other single moms homeschooling & surround yourself with postive people- you may find you can take heart in that choice, you could look for an older mentor mom to show you how to go it. I think unschooling could be a very good choice for you and your children.
read read read and get out to meet other waldorf parents and unschooling moms near you

and a gigantical extra-large sized (((((HUG))))))) to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 06-08-2004, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, what a coincidence, Hazeldust. I was just in here asking for homeschooling advice as well ...

My thread on homeschooling

I know we are both in the same town, so if I can help in any way let me know. I'd be great to share what we've learned about uns/hs in our area!

flowersforyou.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page