Unschooling Support Jan 08 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2008, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Transformed - About name writing? When was the last time you wrote your name? I hardly ever write mine unless I am signing a card.

My dd has been able to write her name for a while now and she isn't five til next month but she was really driven to label her stuff: her pictures, her books, her chair, cups etc etc. I let her put her name on whatever she wanted to. She has 3 siblings so maybe she just wanted to stake her claim. Anyhow she doesn't really write anything else other than her name right now.

Singin'intherain -That's so cool about your dd. It is as if several things have to converge for something to be produced and it is just a matter of when that will be. School just makes people think that it happens too late or too early but being at home time is not important.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 09:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefoot View Post
Transformed - About name writing? When was the last time you wrote your name? I hardly ever write mine unless I am signing a card.

My dd has been able to write her name for a while now and she isn't five til next month but she was really driven to label her stuff: her pictures, her books, her chair, cups etc etc. I let her put her name on whatever she wanted to. She has 3 siblings so maybe she just wanted to stake her claim. Anyhow she doesn't really write anything else other than her name right now.

Singin'intherain -That's so cool about your dd. It is as if several things have to converge for something to be produced and it is just a matter of when that will be. School just makes people think that it happens too late or too early but being at home time is not important.
Thanks for this.

I come up with this "duh" kind of logic for people all the time. Like dh, and MIL. DUH!

For some reason they dont buy it. (It seems black and white to me...)

Ok, the problem isnt me, its every other adult in contact with ds.

I "get" it.

User Tag List