Can you unschool part of the time?!? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 92 Old 02-25-2008, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You should look up narcoleptic dogs on YouTube. It's fascinating. Sad, but somewhat hilarious.

I agree with fourlittlebirds. Especially in February! We do a lot more hanging about the house doing "nothing" during the winter and if I can just allow myself, I can realize that it's not a totally invalid thing to do. I think there's a good argument for hibernating just now and I know for me I'm totally wanting to do it. It's funny, but there's plenty to do indoors too. It's just less "active."

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#92 of 92 Old 02-25-2008, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How can you make the nothing days day unenriching? We are radical chillers. We stay home as much as possible, especially in winter. We are the eptiome of Homebody. But we end up doing fun and cool stuff, no matter.

We have a boat load's worth of Febuary nothing--paintings painted, books read, items knitted, Youtube videos laughed over, DVDs watched and discussed, Simpson episodes oft quoted, playgroups hosted, stories written, games played, clay molded, food cooked, baked and digested, animals cared for, music played, hills sledded, snow people melted. Crud, we even have a pet lapbook finished. You try being an 8 yr old with a digital camera slow -to -proces and still get foraging chickens centered for photos...

Further...how would even the 'nothingingness' of napping on the sofa with a child or two, or a partner's not be 'enriching'. Nothingness does not computer with me.

Plus, they are good nourishment for the times one does run around 'doing something', as we all do. I can do nothing, and I can do 'too much'. I think that's simply life.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page