Super mario birthday party - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-29-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son's birthday is on march 7 and he wants a Super Mario birthday. I was wondering if you all could help me out..I need to find stuff like cups, plates, and the birthday cake lol

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 03:39 PM

Supercool! We love all things Mario around here.

A quick google on Super Mario birthday gave me a bunch of links, apparently it's a pretty popular b-day theme

Here's an Ebay guide (I didn't even know there were Ebay guides)

A flickr set of a cool (and unlike the others I found online, actually do-able) SM cake

A site devoted exclusively to cool birthday cakes, with links to Ebay sales of mario shaped cake pans (another thing I never knew existed, I'm gonna have fun browsing today!)

You'll have to post pics of the cake and party stuff when you're done!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:56 PM

oh oh! Mario Mushroom Cupcakes are easy and awesome!
Old 02-29-2008, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

I bought some little figures that I might use for the cake. I'm not sure i want to make the cake..i don't want it to look weird or taste awful.

eta: I found an edible cake topper thingie on ebay so I bought that and I'm just going to put it on a plain colored cake and then have the little figures around it or something.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM

We did this a couple of months ago for my 5 yo

I am not big on tons of decorations so that part was easy, for the table we had a red tablecloth (couldn't find red/white) with a big gold star in the middle (found at a party store) and a little mario figure on it, balloons of course, and red streamers around. I couldn't find my happy birthday sign or I would have put that up too. We used red cups, plates, etc

We did the mario mushroom cupcakes, including a giant one (i was tired of filling cupcake cups??? haha) - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...shroomcake.jpg

And, we gave the boys Mario Party 8 that day and it was our "party game" but I had read the suggestion of creating your own "mini games" like in the video games and would have done that if I had any idea where to start with it!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishy View Post
We did this a couple of months ago for my 5 yo

I am not big on tons of decorations so that part was easy, for the table we had a red tablecloth (couldn't find red/white) with a big gold star in the middle (found at a party store) and a little mario figure on it, balloons of course, and red streamers around. I couldn't find my happy birthday sign or I would have put that up too. We used red cups, plates, etc

We did the mario mushroom cupcakes, including a giant one (i was tired of filling cupcake cups??? haha) - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...shroomcake.jpg

And, we gave the boys Mario Party 8 that day and it was our "party game" but I had read the suggestion of creating your own "mini games" like in the video games and would have done that if I had any idea where to start with it!

That's really cute aishy!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:30 PM

Do a search on http://www.craftster.org/forum/ for "Super Mario Birthday". There have been a couple of birthdays with that theme.
Have fun!

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

I wanted to give an update. We had red, yellow, and blue decorations/balloons. Here's the cake: http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1554779_mqPZz#264785706
R got Super Smash bros brawl for the wii as one of his birthday gifts. We also got Super Mario Bros 3 on dvd from netflix. We had cake, ice cream, pizza because Mario is Italian and loves pizza and Yoshi "juice" which was just green koolaid. We had a great time!

Old 03-12-2008, 12:13 AM

Totally cool LMB, how did you do the cake? Did you get an edible top, or buy a printed cake?

Ds just bought himself Smash Bros Brawl yesterday. I'm looking forward to having a conversation with him again in a few months

User Tag List