ALERT: Class action lawsuit for circumcised men - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2008, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Found this on circumstitions website, figured I'd pass the information along.

You can also buzz it up on yahoo as well, it's only got 2 votes however.

http://www.sueeasy.com/class_action_...hp?case_id=258

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not sure what you mean by the votes. It has 38 entries so far, and has been around since April 2008 judging by the first entry date.

Who knows where it will go....
Old 11-23-2008, 05:28 PM

sadly it proably won't go anywhere but i do believe every male who becomes a man and realizes that he and his wife suffer from his circumcision in intimacy way due to other obvious side effects of the circumicison. They should have the legal right to sue for damages at any age above 18 .

Because men who are circumcised may assume they were born like that definetly if their mother doesn't specifically tell them about circumcision as some parents don't. I seen some males don't realize they are circumcized thinking the intact male are the one's who are circumcized .
Old 11-23-2008, 06:36 PM

you need to vote hitting the BUZZ UP button from yahoo. I voted and so far 7 votes... COME ON PEOPLE LETS GET THIS AT THE TOP BUZZ AT YAHOO!!!

Latina Mama of 3 and Wife of a great man since 1997
: : : : : : :
Old 11-23-2008, 06:43 PM

buzzed sup
Old 11-23-2008, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

I also put the link to this class action suit on my signature on my yahoo email account, as well as my facebook page. Better start doing that on myspace account too!

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 PM

Even if it goes nowhere, I hope it will spread the word about circumcision and will get the ball rolling on reducing the number of circumcisions.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 PM

It's up to 23 votes right now.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 PM

I buzzed it.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

I bzzed it too, also posted the link on craigslist Fwiw.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ah, thanks, didn't know about buzz up. I buzzed.

And here is what I had written for that effort, in case anyone is curious:

"The Medical Community has not provided parents with the information needed to make an informed decison regarding whether or not to circumsize their children. They consistently minimize the value of the foreskin and its contribution to sexual function and protection against disease. They isolate and emphasize minor benefits and personal preferences. They do NOT act in the best interests of the child.

Because of this biased information from the medical community, my parents made the UNINFORMED decision to circumsize me as an infant. Further I was not given the chance to make this decision as an informed adult.

I believe that if my parents had been informed of the trade offs in an objective and unbiased way, they would have chosen to leave my foreskin intact, as evidenced by the fact that my younger brother was not circumsized at birth.

I have now found, through foreskin restoration, that my sexual function and satisfaction were dramaticaly harmed by circumcision. And that there was no medical disease or condition that would have outweighed this loss of function and satisfaction.

As a result, the first 30 years of my sexual experiences were significantly impaired by the medical community and I seek compensation for that harm to me."

Cheers!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:24 PM

This is great... I always felt like I wanted to make a case out of not being informed from the Dr.s about circ.

It was... it helps infections, and if it were me, I would do it... etc etc. nothing against it.

I felt soooo lied to!!! and over such a vital subject. People wonder why my trust in medical isn't there anymore!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveyourohana View Post
This is great... I always felt like I wanted to make a case out of not being informed from the Dr.s about circ.

It was... it helps infections, and if it were me, I would do it... etc etc. nothing against it.

I felt soooo lied to!!! and over such a vital subject. People wonder why my trust in medical isn't there anymore!
You got that right.... Now if I can get my DH to sign up too! This stuff shows how you can't just trust your doctor 100 percent of the time...you should question them when things just don't seem 'right'.

User Tag List