Incomplete Foreskin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried doing a search for this, but nothing seemed applicable.

The twins have what the ped calls incomplete foreskins, but just kinda mentioned it in passing. She briefly mentioned that there was nothing to worry about. I'm just curious how common this is and if there is anything I should keep my eye out for?

The only other intact penises I've seen are two of my nephews and their foreskins just look a lot longer than my sons', past the head of the penis. Both the twins' are about 1/8 inch from the end or so.

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#2 of 16 Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 PM

It's quite possible that your boys just have short foreskins. It's a pretty variable body part. The only way it could be incomplete is if something was missing.

Doctors have odd ways of saying things sometimes. I've even heard of a doctor saying an intact boy had a "natural circumcision". No, just a short forskin. I think some doctors don't see enough intact boys to be aware of all the natural variations.
#3 of 16 Old 01-07-2009, 08:59 PM

My 2 1/2month old's is the same way.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#4 of 16 Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM

It is called Hysospadius when the foreskin does not go all the way around the penis evenly. There are variying degrees ans sometimes it can effect the opening possition. My first son has a mild degree and the bottom (underside) of his penis is incomplete but the opening is only slightly lower than normal. So it is more like a hood instead of a ring. I am not sure that a short forskin is the same as a incomplete foreskin.

Kiya- Mama to 3 growing Son's. Waldorf joy.gifDoula  hug.gif  Making Recycled Woolens and Trainers every spare moment.
#5 of 16 Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Theirs seem to be even all the way around, just short. So nothing to worry about?

Joanna - wife to Mike, mamachicken to Cub(8/98), Kitten (4/07), Dew-man, and Woe-boy(twins, 10/08)
#6 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChicken View Post
Theirs seem to be even all the way around, just short. So nothing to worry about?
Nope, just normal variation. As others have stated, foreskins are a highly variable body part, and the medical terminology for the normal variations that are close to either end of the scale seem to be chosen with an eye towards making things seem bad or grossly abnormal when they're not. "Incomplete" simply means one that is unusually short. Even stranger, the medical term for an unusually long one is "redundant"! I don't know about you, but when I hear that someone has a "redundant foreskin", the picture that forms in my mind is one of a complete extra foreskin growing off the side of someone's penis or something like that, not merely a normal foreskin that is extra-long.
#7 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 01:21 AM

: like pp have said variations of normal. The no retraction rule still applies.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#8 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 03:54 AM

1/8 inch over hang is totally normal. Niether DS nor my dad have much overhang.

How much over hang there is can vary depending on penis shrinkage. If DS is really cold : he has more. When he is "at attention" so to speak there is no over hang.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#9 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 04:41 AM

There's a chart on the variation of normal foreskin coverage, it's variable just like every other body part.
Hypospadias has to do with where the urethra is placed. It is where the urethral opening is on the underside of the penis. I watched a surgical correction of one, so I'm never going to forget....
#10 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Fi.

By your peds logic I guess girls with A cups have incomplete breasts too.

Long distance Mom to boarding school superstars E (9) and Layne (6).
#11 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 AM

Your sons just have short foreskins. I babysat a boy years ago who had one. It only covered about half of his glans. It never caused him any trouble; in fact, it was because of the shortness of his foreskin that his mother decided not to circ. him. She figured that with so little to work with, the doctors were more likely to botch the job. His mother is a smart woman.
#12 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 PM

I saw a baby boy like that, he was only weeks old. The Mom said in defensiveness that they didn't circ him he just had a natural circ when she was changing his diaper. The foreskin only covered half the glands. They did circ their older boy but I think from her defensiveness she had intended to keep this boy intact even if he had had a longer foreskin.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#13 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi. View Post
LMAO!!!! Good point!
#14 of 16 Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM

Here in the same family my first DS has a LOT of overhang...and my second DS has basically no overhang, just covers to the end! So, definitely varies!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#15 of 16 Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi. View Post
So, me and my incomplete breasts had boys with incomplete foreskins?

#16 of 16 Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by njeb View Post
Your sons just have short foreskins. I babysat a boy years ago who had one. It only covered about half of his glans. It never caused him any trouble; in fact, it was because of the shortness of his foreskin that his mother decided not to circ. him. She figured that with so little to work with, the doctors were more likely to botch the job. His mother is a smart woman.
: Short foreskin is the word I'd use, too. lol It's like saying kids w/ small sized ears have 'imcomplete ears'; no, they just smaller than the average kid's. That's they way it is.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page