little wound under foreskin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting ready to leave the house and ds1 (8.5 yo) brings a penis problem to my attention. He has mentioned several times over the last few days that a specific area under his foreskin is painful. Just now he found what the problem is...a little wound on the top of the glans (maybe an eighth of an inch in diameter) it is white and looks sort of like a wound that has been under a wet band-aid, a teensy bit oozy like if maybe I dabbed it with a tissue (I didn't) that it would probably leave a whitish-yellow dot. No noticible swelling, no change in how far he can/will retract, not a constant source of pain, just annoying and hurts when he pees cause urine stings it I suppose.

Any advice? I don't want to take him to the doctor if there is something that we could do to remedy the situation here at home.

TIA

Kim
#2 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake&zaxmom View Post
I'm getting ready to leave the house and ds1 (8.5 yo) brings a penis problem to my attention. He has mentioned several times over the last few days that a specific area under his foreskin is painful. Just now he found what the problem is...a little wound on the top of the glans (maybe an eighth of an inch in diameter) it is white and looks sort of like a wound that has been under a wet band-aid, a teensy bit oozy like if maybe I dabbed it with a tissue (I didn't) that it would probably leave a whitish-yellow dot. No noticible swelling, no change in how far he can/will retract, not a constant source of pain, just annoying and hurts when he pees cause urine stings it I suppose.

Any advice? I don't want to take him to the doctor if there is something that we could do to remedy the situation here at home.

TIA

Kim
I think it's a wait to heal thing. I don't know if a cream would help. As for the urination, if he pulls back the foreskin just a bit to expose the tip it might help until he is healed.
#3 of 10 Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Banned

If it were me, I'd be reaching for the betadine or some other *non-stinging* antiseptic cream. Also if it were me, I'd do the rolled-inwards thing for a day (uncomfortable as it is)to make the environment that much less conducive.
#4 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

"rolled-inwards thing" ??
#5 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

Um.

It's muchly hard to describe - I flunked topology 101. Basically there's this thing you can do to keep your foreskin retracted. Thinking about it, I suppose it sort of involves tucking the 'frill' of bunched-up foreskin behind the corona in (like a pocket).

Not something I'd want to try explaining to an 8yo, though - probably just ignore this one.
#6 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 01:38 PM

You can have him pee in a cup of water to reduce the sting. You can also apply a little bacitracin ointment on the wound.
#7 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Noodle View Post
Um.

It's muchly hard to describe - I flunked topology 101. Basically there's this thing you can do to keep your foreskin retracted. Thinking about it, I suppose it sort of involves tucking the 'frill' of bunched-up foreskin behind the corona in (like a pocket).

Not something I'd want to try explaining to an 8yo, though - probably just ignore this one.
I thought this is a HUGE no-no. If you keep foreskin retracted your lil one can end up with a very serious medical condition requiring a trip to ER
#8 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
I thought this is a HUGE no-no. If you keep foreskin retracted your lil one can end up with a very serious medical condition requiring a trip to ER

Yes it is a big NO, NO!!! Especially for children. The glands can swell and trap the foreskin. The foreskin should always be replaced over the glands.
#9 of 10 Old 01-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Respectfully mr noodle that advice could cause this little boy to develope paraphimosis where the foreskin gets stuck behind the glans. An adult male can do this because he knows when things are getting uncomfortable and take steps to fix it but a child may miss the warning signs and end up in a lot of pain and have to go through a lot of pain to correct the problem.

OP he dosnt have to be in pain there are some things you can do to help.

1)use otc bacatracin to help aid healing and make your ds more comfortable.
2)Since he was able to retract and show you advice him that when he urinates to retract enough that the urethra is exposed so that the urine will not go up inside the foreskin and burn.
3)Also tell him to dab a bit with something like a washcloth to dry off any urine left.

Hope that helps and he is feeling better soon.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#10 of 10 Old 01-09-2009, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: I'm intact and my foreskin is very loose; always has been. So I know that trick of rolling the foreskin near the "fringe" (the end of the foreskin) over the fringe and then tucking that doubled-up foreskin behind the rim. My loose foreskin wouldn't make it stay long and gravity would push it back down into its natural place (the human body's great at protecting itself!). But a child -- even with a loose foreskin -- would be unnecessary to retract and keep behind the rim and possibly dangerous. Also his sensitive glans would be exposed rubbing against his clothing and that would be a little touchy for him. I suppose you just have to let nature take its course in healing the sore from the inside out. I could see how maybe urine might sting and the retracting part stated above would minimize the contact of urine from the sore.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page