strange odor - ds's intact penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-17-2003, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting.................
I know I have a super-duper sensitive nose, so it may just be me. But my 19 mo.'s intact penis has a strange odor. I realize that smegma can sometimes cause a slight odor, but the thing is, his foreskin doesn't retract at all yet. Okay, maybe the tiniest little bit, but not enough to be able to see anything:
Is this normal? He's acting fine and it's not sore or anything....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-18-2003, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, your son is fine. And I do believe what you are smelling is from the penis. My dd told me several times that her intact ds's penis had an odor when he was starting to retract.
I never smelled it, but she said it definitely did have an odor.

It was not constant. Like she never smelled it during the day or through his clothing. But she often said she smelled it when he was in the tub and she helped him wash up.

Of course she knew not to retract his foreskin and she just left it alone. After all, he never complained, urinated just fine, and seemed all right in every way.

He finally retracted himself in the tub when he was about 5 yr. old. And although we never tell him to retract and clean under there, he has absolutely no smell from that area now. That makes me believe that the odor came from the dead skin cells at the time.

If I were you, I would do absolutely nothing. It will pass. Just wait it out. Let mother nature do her work.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page