Educated SIL this weekend! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-23-2003, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She's only 22 and not anywhere near settling down or having kids but she asked some really good questions and I jumped right on the opportunity to spread the non-circ word. Ds was poopy for the second time that day (We were at a family get together) and Dh dodged me when I told him it was his turn. (: ) Anyhow, she said, "I'll change him...if it's ok.." I was all for it. She jokingly asked "Do you trust me with this?" and I assured her I was and just told her "Just be sure you don't retract his foreskin." and proceeded to explain how the foreskin is attatched and when it retracts and why forced retraction would be good. She asked a few questions and was impressed that it didn't require extra care or cleaning. I hope she remembers that conversation if she ever has a little boy! The best part of it was that it was right in the front room and my IL's (who desperately wanted us to circ. b/c they are CLUELESS) heard the whole thing and didn't dare make a peep.

Later in the day she was asking me nursing questions and weaning questions and I was able to explain to her (And all the IL's) child led weaning. It was a great day all around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2003, 12:28 PM

Excellent!

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Old 12-23-2003, 03:29 PM

Old 12-24-2003, 12:26 PM

That's great - I think the time to get in is before people are even expecting...good for you!

My brother is getting married next summer, and I know they are planning to ttc right away...so part of their wedding gift will be Fleiss' book! (have no clue what else we will get them... )
Old 12-29-2003, 03:27 AM

Wow!! Sounds Like a Wonderful Day!!

User Tag List