How do I deal with these feelings? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-06-2004, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My brother and SIL had their baby boy yesterday and are having him circ'd today. I just can't stop crying. I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. We were visiting them in the hospital when the nurse came in to tell them Dr. was on her way to the hospital to come do it. They haven't even ever met this Dr.!!!I just got up and left. Well first I went over to my nephew and told him that I was very, very sorry. Then I had to walk out because I thought I was going to vomit. On top of all this he when he was being born his shoulder was stuck and now he can't have his arm touched without crying in pain. So they are going to strap his poor sore arm down and then sexually mutilate him. I don't know how to deal with this. I don't know if I can ever speak to them again. I had rebuttles for every arguement they came up with. I just can't understand it.

If you made it this far thanks for reading. I just had to get this all out.
#2 of 9 Old 01-06-2004, 08:12 PM

Jenna, I'm so sorry. It's so hard when people we love do something so very wrong like this. Sure, we all make mistakes, but when it's a biggie like this it's really hard to over look and pretend it never happened. I don't understand how anyone in this day and time could do this to their child. It just doesn't make any sense to me. : I pray that he made it through OK and doesn't have any long lasting problems...other than what it always causes of course.

s
#3 of 9 Old 01-06-2004, 08:25 PM

I was feeling the same just reading your post! Until I came to US I never even heard the word circumcision!! For me it was not even something I had to think about......

I am so sorry for that pore little baby It hurts even more when you have one little boy yourself, does not it? Just the thought of it makes me wanna :Puke
#4 of 9 Old 01-07-2004, 01:52 PM

I too was feeling the same from reading your post.

I wish I had an answer for you. ((HUGS))

I often wonder why the heck I am related to some of my family.
#5 of 9 Old 01-07-2004, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I talked to my mother today and she said the nurses told my brother that the baby didn't cry at all while it was being done yesterday : , that he only started to cry once he got close to their room. Well today they are taking an x-ray to see if his clavicle is broken. Gee, you would have thought they wanted to know that before they stapped him down.
#6 of 9 Old 01-07-2004, 10:53 PM

I can't stand it when medical "professionals" deliberately lie. They also told me my son didn't cry,"slept right through it". They didn't know I stood outside the door and heard everything. I called her on it. I said "I know you are lying. I heard him. I was right there." She just apologized and said "I don't like to have parents feel guilty for something that'has to be done'".

I am so sorry. I can't believe they did that to him before evaluating him and seeing if anything was broken.

I'm crying. I'm so sorry.
#7 of 9 Old 01-08-2004, 02:14 AM

i am so sorry. that poor little baby. the dr who strapped his (possibly broken) little arm down and then cut off part of his penis ought to have the same thing done to him (if that sounds brutal, how is it ok to do this to a little newborn?) i am sick with you about it.

it sounds like this little baby could use a loving aunt in his life; his parents don't seem too willing or able to protect him. seeing you might be one of the happy, safe times he gets in his childhood. that is the only reason i can think of for staying in touch. (there is no excuse for choosing not to think of what it would feel like to have an unaesthetized broken clavicle strapped down, but i guess if you can put sexual mutilation out of your mind what's a broken bone?: oh yes, babies don't feel pain. i forgot.)

suse
#8 of 9 Old 01-08-2004, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Suse you are right, I do need to be there to be a postive influence. They are the poster children for mainstream parenting. It turns out, by the way, that his clavicle *is* broken. I wish I could break that Drs. arm!
#9 of 9 Old 01-09-2004, 05:18 AM

poor baby . . .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page