"The locker room will be really tough on him" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walking burp cloth View Post
I would think that an uncircumcised boy would actually have a lot to brag about!
However, pointing this out to the circ'd father to be, put him on the defensive and less open to reason.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#32 of 45 Old 04-25-2009, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I live in L.A. and most of the little boys my kids' ages are intact.
#33 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 AM

I don't know what goes on in locker rooms but I do know that kids will always find something wrong with you in order to tease you. For me, it was my sticky out ears, my surname and also the fact that I flat chested.

Circumcision isn't going to stop a kid getting teased.
#34 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireesix View Post
I don't know what goes on in locker rooms but I do know that kids will always find something wrong with you in order to tease you. For me, it was my sticky out ears, my surname and also the fact that I flat chested.

Circumcision isn't going to stop a kid getting teased.
Hey, how about we get some breast implants for these picked upon teens who are not large breasted?

All sarcasim intended.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#35 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 09:48 AM

LOL, thing is though, if I had got breast implants, I suspect I woulda got a lotta crap from other girls for having implants lol!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
#36 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 02:01 PM

Indeed!

But to take this arguement to the other gender, Should we be giving hormone supplements to girls that don't start puberty as early as their peers because they are getting teased for not starting breast development? I mean, if we are going to argue for uniformity of body, let's help girls have the similar breast development and timing of puberty.

That sounds absurd doesn't it?

#37 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireesix View Post
LOL, thing is though, if I had got breast implants, I suspect I woulda got a lotta crap from other girls for having implants lol!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Well, I developed early, and they were huge. It really wasn't much better. Ofcourse, on top of the female teasers, I had very odd male attention.

Chop something off, get implants, whatever. It's not going to change teasing b/c ultimately teasing has nothing to do with ones body and everything to do with seeming vulnerable.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#38 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
ultimately teasing has nothing to do with ones body and everything to do with seeming vulnerable.
exactly!!!

#39 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 05:34 PM

...and the world is getting so small.
Who knows where in the world one's son will choose to study/live in? Then being circ would mean he is different from everybody else
#40 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

OKAY OKAY!!!! You guys are HILARIOUS!!!! Ain't no scarier force than a mama with a cause!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I can't argue against this ever again. Especially after my realization that I'm so incredibly anti-declawing (I've been the crazy cat lady for years ) - so how could I EVER think this a good idea?

But bravo on the reasons, mamas!

:yawning 33yo first-time solo mama to DD born 11/21/09
#41 of 45 Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 PM

My intact DH was born in 1966 and moved to the US when he was 4. I didn't know much about the circ debate when I learned that we were having a boy, who is now 2. My research showed that the locker room thing was a myth, and I told my DH about how I knew about the "myth of the locker room" and he was a little "huh?" I explained about how it's a myth that intact boys get harassed and ridiculed in the locker room...but he said that for him, it wasn't a myth. That he had been ridiculed, which I found surprising. But even so, and even not keeping up-to-date with the issue or how the current trends are going, when I asked him what we were going to do (I was mainstream-pregnant...I left it up to the DH) he still wanted our DS intact. So even if he WAS made fun of, he still wanted to keep his son natural and pure...and I him for that!
#42 of 45 Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 PM
KGB

I'll repost what I said in another thread, although it pretty much echos everything else the guys here have been saying.

I'm an intact man. I've never been teased about my penis. Most kids are shy about being naked in general anyway, and in school, I never got completely undressed if I could help it. The hard truth is guys don't stand around locker rooms comparing penises. It just doesn't happen. Most guys try very hard NOT to look at other guys' penises for obvious reasons. Even if a circ'd guy accidently sees an uncirc'd guy, he doesn't start saying, "Haha! You're intact! Nah nah nah!" Even if he did, you could counter with, "Why were you staring at my penis? Are you trying to tell me something?"

It's a non-issue.
#43 of 45 Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Just to add to everybody else. My brother, who turns 47 this month, is intact. I don't know that he was the only one in school, but it's not unlikely, as circ rates were high in 1963. I don't think he was ever teased or bullied about it. No - he wouldn't have mentioned it to me, but I picked up on a lot, by being a bookworm, who was able to still pay attention to what was going on around me (wonder when I lost that??). He didn't want his boys circ'd, so I don't think it was a big issue, yk?

He did get teased and bullied for being small, skinny and a smart-ass...but not for having a foreskin.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#44 of 45 Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I see that I've already responded to this thread!!

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#45 of 45 Old 02-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post
DP is 30 and intact and he's never had a "locker room" experience that I hear so much about from everyone. Both my son's are intact and many of their peers are as well, I certainly don't think it will be a problem.l Men don't just stand around naked checking out each other's junk.
My dh is 28 and intact. He has never had an issue in the locker room either.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page