Saw a circ'd baby penis for the first time today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-19-2004, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh it was soooo gross. My nephew is 2 weeks old and my bro and SIL brought him over for me to watch. I literally almost threw up when I saw it. And I know this will sound weird but it looked really small. It just looked so wrong. Anyway I had never seen one before and it was way worse looking than I had imagined! Just thought I would share.
#2 of 13 Old 01-19-2004, 09:45 PM

That is sad.

What is sadder is that I've never seen an intact penis except through pictures on the internet.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#3 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 12:18 AM

I'm totally used to DS's penis now, but it looked strange to me at first. Now, though, I get quesy when I see cut little boys.

Quote:
And I know this will sound weird but it looked really small.
Not wierd at all, I notice the same thing. DS's also hangs so nicely and doesn't disappear in his fat folds Hmm, maybe TMI

#4 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 12:36 AM

Someone (I think it may have been dh) asked me if I thought ds would look weird since he wasn't cut (this was when we were still deciding on whether or not to do it). I had never seen an intact adult penis, but I've never seen a baby penis at all until ds, so no, it doesn't look weird to me. My brother did circ his son, as did another friend of mine- and when I changed diapers for them, it was very strange.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#5 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 12:47 AM

I know exactly what you mean. They're a little too "in your face" for my taste. I prefer my ds' nice, demure, foreskinned one.
#6 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 02:11 AM

I'm thinking about having a bumper sticker made....

If you want your son's penis to be shorter, thinner, and less sensitive....CIRCUMCIZE!

I agree, it is weird. DH (and my past boyfriends) were all cut and it looked normal to me, but now ds' penis looks normal and it makes me so sad to see a little cut one (and think of what that poor baby went through )

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#7 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 03:42 AM

At two weeks old, what you were seeing was an internal organ that had been brought outside the body. If you took any other internal organ and pulled it outside the body, it would look very red and raw just like that baby's penis did. What you were seeing was the normal look of something that was very abnormal. If you turned a baby girl's vagina inside out and left it hanging outside the body, it would have a similar appearance. With time and keritinization, it wold soon assume the same appearance as a circumcised penis after a few years.

Frank
#8 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by amarasmom
That is sad.

What is sadder is that I've never seen an intact penis except through pictures on the internet.
That'd be me! NEVER seen a "intact" one before!
#9 of 13 Old 01-20-2004, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Oh Frank I never thought of it that way before! I guess it *is* an internal organ. And they said it healed after 3 days. Yeah right.

I used to work at a veteran's hospital so I have seen plenty of both kinds IRL! The first time I saw an intact one, I was like, what is wrong with his penis! How sad is that! My coworker has an intact son and she had to explain it to me. All our textbooks had circ'd pictures of course.
#10 of 13 Old 01-23-2004, 06:46 PM

What's even sadder is that you've never seen one on your male partner. The first natural penis I encountered was on a boyfriend from India. I thought it was one of the seven greatest wonders of the world, it was so beautiful in function and design. Like a turtle poking its head out with the skin around it's neck. Every study done shows that sex with men with foreskins is infinitely better for women than with men with genital mutilation. I can attest to this with my own personal sample. People who don't circumsize their sons not only do the boys a favor, but the boys' future female partners as well. Check out "sex as nature intended it" on the web to find out what you are missing.
#11 of 13 Old 01-23-2004, 11:40 PM

It is sad to me that there are actually mother's of sons who have NEVER seen an INTACT penis! Their little babies get cut without the parents ever even looking at what they are altering ahead of time!
#12 of 13 Old 01-30-2004, 07:58 PM

I am so happy to say that I am surrounded by intact penises!! (That sounds silly!!) My daughters two and three, have ever only seen intact penises. Refreshing! They will have high standards

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#13 of 13 Old 02-02-2004, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My son was the first IRL intact one I have seen........he looks totally normal to me. Every circ baby boy I saw (I used to daycare and changed alot of diapers) looked odd. Like the end was bigger than the rest of it. I always thought the kids must have gotten a botch circ job but they ALL looked that way. Poor babies!!

Desiree

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page