Trying to get used to intactness - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-21-2009, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in the opposite situation! I have never seen a circumcised penis except for on a couple of my friend's babies and it is soooo strange to me! My intact DH died 7 mos ago and I still worry that someday that I might have to experience a circumcised penis--it would definitely creep me out as intact is the norm to me...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 01:56 PM

I think we scared the OP away, she never responded past her original post...
Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspective View Post
I think we scared the OP away, she never responded past her original post...
i hope not! although i imagine we can be a bit overwhelming sometimes!

i think all penises, circ'd and intact, all look a bit strange to me since i don't actually have one and the only ones i see are DPs and DSs.... i just wouldn't worry about it... everybody is different yk?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, anything you aren't used to seems weird at first. Then you become accustomed to it, and if you enjoy it, you come to think of it in a positive light.

You get over it by becoming familiar with it and finding that it is useful.

Shrug. No big deal. Shoes, wedding rings, forks, lots of wierd things to get used to in life.

Regards
Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
Well, anything you aren't used to seems weird at first. Then you become accustomed to it, and if you enjoy it, you come to think of it in a positive light.

You get over it by becoming familiar with it and finding that it is useful.

Shrug. No big deal. Shoes, wedding rings, forks, lots of wierd things to get used to in life.

Regards
forks, and shoes? I guess there weird when you really try and think about them. But I get your saying. The first time I saw an image of a vagina (I was 11, or 12) I remember thinking it look like alien highbred second mouth. Of course my view of that area has changed 360 since then. I just hope the OP was able to gain that message before she hightailed it.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM

I think clothes are hard for little kids to get used to.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That was my point. Many things we are now so used to that we can't imagine thinking them weird were, at one time, a struggle to get used to and were wierd.

But I just picked a quick random list. Too many examples to sort through.

Cheers!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:14 PM

DH is cut, my son is not. He agreed with my reasoning, totally, for not doing it. Thankfully... or I would have had a hell of a fight on my hands!

I have to admit I don't think it is weird looking, but I haven't seen any other naked babies before in my life. Also, I was previously with intact men before I met my husband, so either way looks "normal" to me. I'm glad the cycle of circ'ing in our familiesended when we had our son
Old 06-22-2009, 02:16 PM

It should pass for you.

I never thought of it as odd in away way.For me it was:Thank god I was able to keep him normal and not give in to the pressure to cut up his genitals for family. I was very paranoid the first few years that ds would be cut if out of my sight since the background is child circumcision not newborn circ for us.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:30 PM

The whole concept of having to get used to intactness is odd to me. I've seen lots of baby boys running around as a child. Running around the yard in the sprinkler in the summer was an everyday occurrence. My Mom babysat a lot of my cousins so seeing naked kids was normal. Not one that I can remember was other than intact. My DH is intact and so are my kids. So other than intact would be odd for me. So in that respect I can understand how something other than what your used to can seem different.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I, actualy, don't get it. When Ds came along, his intact penis just looked so right to me. Even though I have seen plenty of circ'd ones, they all look like they are missing something - they are !! They don't look natural.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 PM

My son is intact and now when I see baby boys who are circed I think they look "weird and foreign" I feel so bad for them!

~Becca
Wife to DH 8/2003; Momma to DS 5/2007ribboncesarean.gif ; DD 5/1/2010 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg !

User Tag List