Intactivism everywhere!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-01-2009, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am currently a SAHM and an online student. So in my intro for all of my classes this semester I mentioned belonging to the local nocirc. group. But, in my sociology class I managed to fit the social custom of circ. in the US into my discussion, and had 4 people say thanks- never really thought about it before, but now that you bring it up, it seems rather absurd that it is considered normal here. One girl is pregnant and said she will research it in case they are having a boy!!! I gave here our local chapters web address and the literature about retraction. I am preying on the young moldable college student minds Muahahaha (I am 10 years older than many of these non-parent students).

Just remember we can make a difference anywhere! You just have to phrase the info in a context appropriate manner!

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
#2 of 8 Old 06-01-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconventional1 View Post
I am currently a SAHM and an online student. So in my intro for all of my classes this semester I mentioned belonging to the local nocirc. group. But, in my sociology class I managed to fit the social custom of circ. in the US into my discussion, and had 4 people say thanks- never really thought about it before, but now that you bring it up, it seems rather absurd that it is considered normal here. One girl is pregnant and said she will research it in case they are having a boy!!! I gave here our local chapters web address and the literature about retraction. I am preying on the young moldable college student minds Muahahaha (I am 10 years older than many of these non-parent students).

Just remember we can make a difference anywhere! You just have to phrase the info in a context appropriate manner!

My older brother took a human sexuality class in college, and I looked at one of the books they used and they had a chapter on circ, and it was a very anti- infant circ message.
#3 of 8 Old 06-01-2009, 10:20 PM

: Thanks for spreading the word, online and off!
#4 of 8 Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM

awesome work! Good for you for taking the initiative to speak up and seek out opportunities!

Young minds are so receptive. They really are where the change is at!

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

#5 of 8 Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Good for you!

#6 of 8 Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 AM

Great job!!! Good luck with your classes, too!
#7 of 8 Old 06-02-2009, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I too am taking a human sexuality class this semester, but the book is procirc! I will be starting a good discussion that week! I am thinking about writing the author of the book and seeing if he would change his wording and make having a foreskin more normal than he does for future editions. He is also pro gardisil, but that is a discussion for another board!

Momma to G 12/06 A 2/09, AND ANNOUNCING... Welcome big boy! A 5/10/10 9 lbs 10 oz! We and had our 3rd UP/UC!
#8 of 8 Old 06-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Absolutely - do write that textbook author or editor. We need to remind people in the position of educating others to treat the foreskin as a normal, healthy, and above-all functional part of the body. If they fail to do this, they are either biased or ignorant. Either way, they need to be called out on their omissions.

Gillian

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page