LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)
I would keep and eye on him and if it is a UTI he would still have the fever and he would be in pain.
SAHMlovin' fan to DD 10/00 & DS 10/04 If your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumCirc, a personal choice, Your sons11/986/99anti-tobaccoThyroid cancer survivor. With & & (Boxer) wishing 4 &
Brown discharge??? I would worry and at least call the doctor for some suggestions.
To the OP my bet is that your son is going through some normal separation right now. Check out this thread:
Sounds like exactly what happened with my son last month, 6 weeks old. Yes it was a UTI. He was very ill and was hospitalized for almost 4 days. His twin brother developed a UTI a few weeks later and also had to be hospitalized. antibiotics are KEY b/c one the fever starts it usually indicates that is has spread to the kidneys, which is very serious. both of my boys had kidney infections as well. your LO really needs to go to the dr
I'd say rushing to the doctor would be a bad idea and set this baby up for a cath for something that is probably not a UTI and possibly a forcible retraction.
Nurse your baby as much as possible and wait to see if he has frequent urination and/or a fever.