Just curious... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-24-2009, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
those folks who are really hard core pro-circ and who think that everybody should be circ'ed and who also say that a son will be scarred if he doesn't match his father, what do they advocate if the father is intact?

Do they suggest that the father and son both get circ'ed at the same time? Or would they say, that in that case, it's important to keep the son intact to match the dad?

Just wondered if anyone had seen any reasoning on that one.
#2 of 5 Old 07-24-2009, 08:38 PM

I think that most pro-circ moms have SO's that are circed, otherwise that reasoning would not help their "case" at all.

Hopefully if their SO is intact, they will see that it's normal, and leave their son alone.

#3 of 5 Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 AM

When my mom and sister were arguing pro-circ with me I mentioned that my husband was intact and never had any problems. They never said another word to me. I think they figured a boy should match, but they didn't really know anything about it anyway.
#4 of 5 Old 07-27-2009, 12:48 PM

I've heard of pro-circ doctors (particularly ones who think the kid should "match") who don't push it if the father is intact. At least they're consistent!

Dh's intact so I don't think we'll be given many problems by pro-circ folks - they seem to all believe that "matching" is beneficial and giving people unwanted TMI seems to throw them for a loop usually anyhow

"Why on earth didn't you circumcise Junior? It's so much cleaner and better and uncircumcised is so nasty!"

"Well, we wanted him to match his father, of course!"

"Um... okay." *backs away slowly and NEVER brings up the topic again*

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#5 of 5 Old 07-27-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmpetplaya View Post
I've heard of pro-circ doctors (particularly ones who think the kid should "match") who don't push it if the father is intact. At least they're consistent!

But where was the 'look like daddy' argument a few generations ago when all the daddy's were whole?

My DH's father was intact ( I know, waaaaayyyyy TMI - thanks so much MIL). Why wasn't anyone concerned about my DH's state of mind if he found out he didn't match his father.

That is the least convincing argument for me...it's also one of the easiest to dubunk.

Actually, they are all pretty easy to tear apart...this is just the stupidest in so very many ways.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page