Have any of you had your DS circumcised and the "fatty" folds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2004, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
readhered to the tip? Unfortunately I had my DS # 1 circ'd and he is almost 4. Since the age of almost 2 (after a severe infection I noticed this) his fatty folds of skin have re-adhered to the head. I was told by a pediatric urologist to leave it alone and as he matures the skin will un-adhere (actually he used the word "pop" I believe) on it's own. Does it really? Seems to me that's going to hurt like hell when it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2004, 11:42 PM

What was left of our DS's shaft skin did re-adhere to his corona (the edge of the glans) after his circumcision. Someone here posted some links to pictures of adhesions due to circumcision, which helped me identify what was going on with my son. I called his pediatrician and talked to her about it (she is quite intactivist) and she said that sometimes happens and we'd just keep an eye on it for a few years since most of those cases separate on their own before puberty. I've been watching it, and it has indeed separated on its own, and he's only 20 months. I expected it to take longer. Thankfully, the adhesions were not more severe.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:33 AM

If the adhesion does not involve the scar, it will most likely release on it's own. If it does involve the scar line, most likely it will not release and will form a skin bridge and will require surgical release at some point.

This is a fairly common complication of circumcision and is one of several dozen cases we have seen here. This is evidence of the deceit of circumcision. The doctors see this and other complications of circumcision and yet deny them and continue to support and provide circumcision to avoid problems later when there are few downsides of leaving a child unaltered.

Good luck to your son. We sincerely hope this resolves on it's own.

Frank
Old 02-02-2004, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 4 year old has adhesions too.

User Tag List