More circ-related hypocrisy I've heard - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2009, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I heard a group of women commenting on how they find scars ugly on most parts of the body...but when it's a man's penis those same women prefer it circumcised (i.e. with a ring of scar tissue around it that they say looks better than a foreskin).

Kelly, a man who is proud to be intact!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well for many of these women, its whats normal. They dont like scars on men because they have dated men who have and have not had scars on different parts of their body. But there is a good chance they have never slep with an intact guy, meaning the only penis they are use to "handling" will be one with a scar, i.e. in their minds it becomes normal.

When you have to perform cosmetic surgery on infants to create the "norm" in a society, that is when you know there is a problem in that society.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspective View Post
Well for many of these women, its whats normal. They dont like scars on men because they have dated men who have and have not had scars on different parts of their body. But there is a good chance they have never slep with an intact guy, meaning the only penis they are use to "handling" will be one with a scar, i.e. in their minds it becomes normal.

When you have to perform cosmetic surgery on infants to create the "norm" in a society, that is when you know there is a problem in that society.
Totally ! That's Right on!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 PM

If only these women knew the opportunity cost of forcing every male in the country to undergo circumcision...
Sex is excruciatingly painful in many cases, for both parties.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:22 AM

The scar makes me sad---and noticing the scar is probably what made me first question circumcision. I love my DP and his cut penis, but the scar still makes me sad for little baby him who didn't have a choice over what happened.

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:00 PM

And on the infant/young baby the scar looks even more wrong b/c it looks like a healing wound (which it is). I was just looking at some pictures of my nephew. You can tell that my SIL wanted the pictures to be naked like the Ann Gedes style pics, only problem was he had a big wound to his penis so she had to keep him in a diaper. A young boy's circ wound just looks terrible wrong to me. How can others think that is normal???

Momma to DS (2/08) and #2 due 10/11.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:38 AM

I sound like an idiot but, before coming here and learning about circ I was so ignorant/culture blind that I didn't realize it was a scar. I was 28 and had been married to a circed man for 5 years. I just thought the color change/obvious line was how penises (peni?) were. I remember seeing DH's penis after learning about circ and realizing "wow, that's a scar!" and feeling really sad for DH

None of my kids will have scarred genitals, thank God.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyDi View Post
I sound like an idiot but, before coming here and learning about circ I was so ignorant/culture blind that I didn't realize it was a scar. I was 28 and had been married to a circed man for 5 years. I just thought the color change/obvious line was how penises (peni?) were. I remember seeing DH's penis after learning about circ and realizing "wow, that's a scar!" and feeling really sad for DH

None of my kids will have scarred genitals, thank God.
Well the color change itself is not a scar. The color change denotes two different skin types (the inner and outer foreskin). But generally a scar does mark the division of those two skin types. Although sometimes the scar is hardly noticeable, if visible at all. So thats where the confusion comes in.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

I heard another term to refer to the circ scar by some pro-circers ("Ring of Confidence"). They call it that because it indicates you have the so-called "benefits" of being circed.

(This is a really old thread, but I'm the OP and thought I'd bump it to mention the term I heard someone call what some think is the only good scar. Of course it isn't good to most of us).
Old 08-27-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K703 View Post
I heard another term to refer to the circ scar by some pro-circers ("Ring of Confidence"). They call it that because it indicates you have the so-called "benefits" of being circed.

(This is a really old thread, but I'm the OP and thought I'd bump it to mention the term I heard someone call what some think is the only good scar. Of course it isn't good to most of us).
I once saw a pro-circ'er with a bit of a military academy fetish refer to it as the "ring of brotherhood" because apparently there aren't any uncut guys in the military or who went to an academy.

User Tag List