If you regret circumcising your son(s), please post here. - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

 34Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#721 of 749 Old 07-21-2014, 10:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A third option for the circumcision decision

If you are coming at this from a Judeo-Christian perspective, you may find the Kindle book, "Biblical Circumcision vs. Modern Circumcision" very informative and helpful. That Amazon Kindle book reports on a lot of research and posits a surprising third option, which may well have been what Michaelangelo depicted on his statue of David.
J.T. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#722 of 749 Old 07-21-2014, 12:23 PM
 
contactmaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
You should clarify what you are talking about. Your post makes no sense at all. There is no third option. Its either intact, or cut off. Maybe you are referring to a symbolic circumcision, then say so, and define what you mean....cant stand wafflers....
contactmaya is offline  
#723 of 749 Old 08-28-2014, 07:46 PM
 
PapasMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My, my, this is quite the bandwagon. Does anyone here have a mind of their own? For all of the people on here who have used God's name in their posts, they all seem to have forgotten that it was God who first commanded Abraham to circumcise himself, his sons and his tribe, lest they be "cut off" from their people! And to those who think the Old Testament is null and void, Jesus himself was circumcised and spoke of it agreeably in the New Testament. So you can all say what you want to say and do what you want to do, but I'll take God's word into consideration long before a human being's. I'm really surprised that so many of you have either forgotten that or just don't care. My son is circumcised, as is my husband, and so will my next son be. To each their own. Medical problems can happen with any procedure that is done, and that is just a fact. It is certainly sad when it is a person's genitals that are negatively affected, but there are many other tragic medical issues that plague people too. I've yet to run across a forum on this site on the woes of the genital mutilation that women suffer in the middle east, having their clitorises removed so they can't even have an orgasm, while men here complain about their orgasm not being as spectacular as they would like it to be. Now that's a tragedy.
applejuice likes this.
PapasMama is offline  
#724 of 749 Old 08-30-2014, 03:58 AM
 
joandsarah77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 694
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasMama View Post
My, my, this is quite the bandwagon. Does anyone here have a mind of their own? For all of the people on here who have used God's name in their posts, they all seem to have forgotten that it was God who first commanded Abraham to circumcise himself, his sons and his tribe, lest they be "cut off" from their people! And to those who think the Old Testament is null and void, Jesus himself was circumcised and spoke of it agreeably in the New Testament. So you can all say what you want to say and do what you want to do, but I'll take God's word into consideration long before a human being's. I'm really surprised that so many of you have either forgotten that or just don't care. My son is circumcised, as is my husband, and so will my next son be. To each their own. Medical problems can happen with any procedure that is done, and that is just a fact. It is certainly sad when it is a person's genitals that are negatively affected, but there are many other tragic medical issues that plague people too. I've yet to run across a forum on this site on the woes of the genital mutilation that women suffer in the middle east, having their clitorises removed so they can't even have an orgasm, while men here complain about their orgasm not being as spectacular as they would like it to be. Now that's a tragedy. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Jo\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\cli p_image002.gif[/IMG]
You need to study God's word more and to also understand that the way God commanded Abraham to circumcise himself and future sons looks nothing like an American hospital circumcision. The whole point of being circumcised was a form of sacrifice with the shedding of a few drops of blood. Just the very end was snipped, they didn't have probes which forcibly detached the attached skin on their 8 day old babies. In fact if they had tried to perform circumcisions the way it is done in US hospitals nearly every baby would have died as they did not have the equipment. The form of circumcision you now see in the US came about because John Harvey Kellogg lead the way to prevent boys from masturbating because he knew removing the whole or nearly the whole foreskin would reduce sexual pleasure. It had nothing to do with what God had commanded and was instead a perversion of God’s truth. How often has man done that? God gave man a foreskin for sex, he didn't design it that way to remove it all, he just wanted them to show an outward sign of their faith among the pagan nations. If you read up about the early Olympics you will see some Jewish men tried to pull down their foreskins to try and look Greek. You can't do that with a full hospital circumcision. You might also want to read the New Testament and see that circumcision is of the heart and in the body it avails a man not. We are no longer under the old system of sacrifice but rather a sacrifice of our lives to Christ. I hope you decide to research this over prayerfully.


I am so sorry to the mamma's on here who are going through such heart ache.
hakunangovi, EnviroBecca and MnMtm like this.
joandsarah77 is offline  
#725 of 749 Old 08-30-2014, 03:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasMama View Post
My, my, this is quite the bandwagon. Does anyone here have a mind of their own? For all of the people on here who have used God's name in their posts, they all seem to have forgotten that it was God who first commanded Abraham to circumcise himself, his sons and his tribe, lest they be "cut off" from their people! And to those who think the Old Testament is null and void, Jesus himself was circumcised and spoke of it agreeably in the New Testament. So you can all say what you want to say and do what you want to do, but I'll take God's word into consideration long before a human being's. I'm really surprised that so many of you have either forgotten that or just don't care. My son is circumcised, as is my husband, and so will my next son be. To each their own. Medical problems can happen with any procedure that is done, and that is just a fact. It is certainly sad when it is a person's genitals that are negatively affected, but there are many other tragic medical issues that plague people too. I've yet to run across a forum on this site on the woes of the genital mutilation that women suffer in the middle east, having their clitorises removed so they can't even have an orgasm, while men here complain about their orgasm not being as spectacular as they would like it to be. Now that's a tragedy.

Wow! I prefer to believe that God or natural evolution, or whatever version of creation you believe in, did not make a mistake. Men are born with foreskins for a reason. If I ever decide to make a sacrifice I would rather it be on my terms and not forced on me by someone else. In fact as a guy who was circumcised in infancy I'm mad as hell that I was robbed of my foreskin! As for your comments on FGM - what's the difference? Genital mutilation is genital mutilation. The sex of the victim is immaterial.
hakunangovi is offline  
#726 of 749 Old 09-01-2014, 07:25 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasMama View Post
My, my, this is quite the bandwagon. Does anyone here have a mind of their own? For all of the people on here who have used God's name in their posts, they all seem to have forgotten that it was God who first commanded Abraham to circumcise himself, his sons and his tribe, lest they be "cut off" from their people! And to those who think the Old Testament is null and void, Jesus himself was circumcised and spoke of it agreeably in the New Testament. So you can all say what you want to say and do what you want to do, but I'll take God's word into consideration long before a human being's. I'm really surprised that so many of you have either forgotten that or just don't care. My son is circumcised, as is my husband, and so will my next son be. To each their own. Medical problems can happen with any procedure that is done, and that is just a fact. It is certainly sad when it is a person's genitals that are negatively affected, but there are many other tragic medical issues that plague people too. I've yet to run across a forum on this site on the woes of the genital mutilation that women suffer in the middle east, having their clitorises removed so they can't even have an orgasm, while men here complain about their orgasm not being as spectacular as they would like it to be. Now that's a tragedy.
PapasMama, as a newbie to commenting myself, I don't want to overstep, but I'll hope you'll notice that:
1) Mothering.com has a widely divergent group of faiths represented. An Appeal to Authority Conveniently Forgetting Paul) is unlikely to persude much of the readership.
1a) Dude I knew in high school took it upon himself to convert me to Christianity based on my "Jewish" (actually, Germanic) last name. He and I were on the cross-country team; upon discovering that I was uncircumcised one day after a particularly muddy practice when we had to shower at the school gym versus going home stinky, he decided I was still in need of saving from my obviously incorrect version of Christianity, because, foreskin, again conveniently forgetting Paul.
1b) Does it give you the willies that there are uncircumcised Christians like me out there?
1c) Dude mentioned in 1a) eventually came to (what I think is) a more accepting version of Christianity, and, in one particularly infamous incident while I home from college, took the "over" in whether I would be able to stuff more than $3.00 of quarters under my foreskin, and was rewarded for it.
2) Your comment, "to each their own," seems to extend the possibility that it is okay to be uncircumcised, but that interpretation seems to be contraindicated by the rest of your comment. Reminds me of a guy I worked with who's wife was pregnant and took it upon himself to announce to a bunch of us having beers after work that while he and his nine-year-old son were circumcised, and his unborn son #2 wouid be circumcised, he had no issue with guys who were uncircumicsed. Fast forward two weeks when he, his nine-year old son, the same bunch of us, and our sons had played an absurdly intense series of pick-up basketball at the base gym and decided to shower there before decamping to a friend's house for a cookout. The gym had gang showers and the dads agreed that it would be okay for everyone to shower together. Dude goes ballistic when he sees I'm uncircumcised; he had only agreed that I could shower in front of his son because he knew I was a deer-hunting, pickup-driving-in-high-school, skinny dipping from railroad trestles guy and that obviously meant that I was circumcised. I think that the bare-assed argument I had with him (along with another uncirumcised co-worker he hadn't yet noticed) probably damaged his son more than his seeing my foreskin.
Dave RW is offline  
#727 of 749 Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Dia
 
Dia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Papas mama,

I find it ironic that you express disgust at female circumsion and defend male circumsion. Both are cruel acts of sexual assault.

But as you are coming at this from your particular brand of religion that you have aligned yourself with, probably nothing we say will have any impact.

I'm sorry for your sons and I encourage you to broaden your mind.
Dia is offline  
#728 of 749 Old 09-02-2014, 04:29 AM
 
Galatea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7,194
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasMama View Post
My, my, this is quite the bandwagon. Does anyone here have a mind of their own? For all of the people on here who have used God's name in their posts, they all seem to have forgotten that it was God who first commanded Abraham to circumcise himself, his sons and his tribe, lest they be "cut off" from their people! And to those who think the Old Testament is null and void, Jesus himself was circumcised and spoke of it agreeably in the New Testament. So you can all say what you want to say and do what you want to do, but I'll take God's word into consideration long before a human being's. I'm really surprised that so many of you have either forgotten that or just don't care. My son is circumcised, as is my husband, and so will my next son be. To each their own. Medical problems can happen with any procedure that is done, and that is just a fact. It is certainly sad when it is a person's genitals that are negatively affected, but there are many other tragic medical issues that plague people too. I've yet to run across a forum on this site on the woes of the genital mutilation that women suffer in the middle east, having their clitorises removed so they can't even have an orgasm, while men here complain about their orgasm not being as spectacular as they would like it to be. Now that's a tragedy.
It never ceases to amaze me when people use their religion to try to convince others, and even more so, when they don't even know their own religion very well.

You should extend "to each their own" to your children.
hakunangovi and Mulvah like this.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Galatea is online now  
#729 of 749 Old 09-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,720
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
I have removed a few posts made to this thread that contained attacking comments. If you cannot post with respectful sharing of information and disagreement then you will be removed from the forum.

The Case Against Circumcision does not accept posts of religious debate. If you would like to discuss such topics it may be appropriate in the Religious Studies forum or in a thread devoted to followers of a particular faith who wish to discuss application of teachings of their fath. But in this forum it is inappropriate and not something we wish to host so let's please end the discussion of religion here.

cynthia mosher is offline  
#730 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post
You should clarify what you are talking about. Your post makes no sense at all. There is no third option. Its either intact, or cut off. Maybe you are referring to a symbolic circumcision, then say so, and define what you mean....cant stand wafflers....
Actually, no it's not. There is a third option, where the foreskin is partially removed. A family member made this decision for his son. The end portion of the foreskin was removed, about 25% of it, instead of all of it. Not what we are choosing for our son, but it's an option.
PitBullMom is offline  
#731 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapasMama View Post
I've yet to run across a forum on this site on the woes of the genital mutilation that women suffer in the middle east, having their clitorises removed so they can't even have an orgasm, while men here complain about their orgasm not being as spectacular as they would like it to be. Now that's a tragedy.
Possibly because in most of the developed world, female genital mutilation is illegal... sadly, male genital mutilation is accepted, if not encouraged.

To many people, BOTH are abhorrent.
hakunangovi likes this.
PitBullMom is offline  
#732 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 AM
 
Galatea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7,194
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMom View Post
Actually, no it's not. There is a third option, where the foreskin is partially removed. A family member made this decision for his son. The end portion of the foreskin was removed, about 25% of it, instead of all of it. Not what we are choosing for our son, but it's an option.
Aside from the ethical problems with removing any percentage of foreskin, there are physical complications with this, too:
http://www.moralogous.com/2012/02/18...k-circumcised/

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Galatea is online now  
#733 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 10:35 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I don't agree with the procedure, I was just pointing out that it's not necessarily "all or none" when it's performed. The idea behind the partial is that most of the foreskin is left intact, so the glans is covered, but the part that extends past the glans is removed so that there is less skin to cause possible "problems."

Again, I didn't say that I support this particular option, just that it's out there and some people are choosing it.
PitBullMom is offline  
#734 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 12:28 PM
 
contactmaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMom View Post
I don't agree with the procedure, I was just pointing out that it's not necessarily "all or none" when it's performed. The idea behind the partial is that most of the foreskin is left intact, so the glans is covered, but the part that extends past the glans is removed so that there is less skin to cause possible "problems."

Again, I didn't say that I support this particular option, just that it's out there and some people are choosing it.
So what.
Both options are a violation of bodily integrity on a defenseless infant. It really doesnt matter how many different kinds of penis cutting there are, none of them should be allowed except on a consenting adult.
hakunangovi and japonica like this.
contactmaya is offline  
#735 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 12:50 PM
 
Galatea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7,194
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMom View Post
I don't agree with the procedure, I was just pointing out that it's not necessarily "all or none" when it's performed. The idea behind the partial is that most of the foreskin is left intact, so the glans is covered, but the part that extends past the glans is removed so that there is less skin to cause possible "problems."

Again, I didn't say that I support this particular option, just that it's out there and some people are choosing it.
But it removes the dartos muscle which holds the foreskin shut, and the ridged band, which provides much of the sensory awesomeness of the foreskin... And it's still non consensual amputation. As they say, there is no right way to do a wrong thing.
hakunangovi likes this.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 born at 31 weeks Oct. 2014
Galatea is online now  
#736 of 749 Old 09-22-2014, 03:54 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
And again....

I do not agree with either procedure.

I was correcting your comment that the foreskin is either all there or all gone. Because that is inaccurate; there is a procedure that removes only part of the foreskin.

In my opinion - and evidently yours too - ANY removal of ANY part of the foreskin should be only with the consent of the person who owns that foreskin. And until that person is eighteen, they can't give that consent.
hakunangovi and japonica like this.

-----------------------------------------------
Michelle

Affiliate photographer Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant bereavement photography
PitBullMom is offline  
#737 of 749 Old 09-24-2014, 01:55 PM
 
contactmaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,249
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I stand corrected. Instead of saying ' " Its either intact, or cut off,", I should have said "its either intact, cut, or cut off..."

I think we agree, that anyway you cut it, its a violation except in a case of true consent. We agree on that!
PitBullMom likes this.

Last edited by contactmaya; 09-24-2014 at 01:57 PM.
contactmaya is offline  
#738 of 749 Old 11-05-2014, 04:49 PM
 
BrokeMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am a regret mom. I bought into all the myths I heard growing up and never researched the procedure (or the Bible) myself. I regret consenting to it. Our third son is intact and healthy. Also, he is my happiest baby. Coincidence? Hmm....
BrokeMom is offline  
#739 of 749 Old 11-08-2014, 05:42 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeMom View Post
I am a regret mom. I bought into all the myths I heard growing up and never researched the procedure (or the Bible) myself. I regret consenting to it. Our third son is intact and healthy. Also, he is my happiest baby. Coincidence? Hmm....
I don't believe that is a coincidence - it is well known that the trauma of circumcision can often disrupt breastfeeding. A person's implicit memory begins in their mother's womb and everything that baby is exposed to leaves a trace on it's brain. So, no trauma results in a peaceful, happy baby.
hakunangovi is offline  
#740 of 749 Old 12-09-2014, 10:16 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ancient superstition violates human rights

All babies, boys and girls alike, have a fundamental right to a normal body, unaltered by genital surgery, a brutal, sexual violation of another human being's body. American doctors have bowed down to a cruel superstition and betrayed American parents. The Royal Dutch Medical Association puts it bluntly in their official policy statement: "The official viewpoint of KNMG and other related medical/scientific organisations is that non-therapeutic circumcision of male minors is a violation of children’s rights to autonomy and physical integrity. Contrary to popular belief, circumcision can cause complications – bleeding, infection, urethral stricture and panic attacks are particularly common. KNMG is therefore urging a strong policy of deterrence. KNMG is calling upon doctors to actively and insistently inform parents who are considering the procedure of the absence of medical benefits and the danger of complications."
http://knmg.artsennet.nl/Publicaties...inors-2010.htm
Brother K. is offline  
#741 of 749 Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son recently asked me if he was circumcised and I said Yes. I had no idea how much this would affect him mentally. He must have read it on the internet or something because all he can say is I mutilated him. There's nothing I can do to relieve his anger towards me and I accept that. I had asked several people I knew who had young sons and they all did it. All the men I knew had it done and I knew of a friend's baby who wasn't done at birth but got a bad infection and had to do it when he was around 6 months old. She said it was horrible. Also, my husband is from Europe and wasn't done at birth. He is now deformed on the back side of his penis. He told me when he was a teenager he got a horrible, painful infection and had surgery. Well, either too much skin was infected or they botched it. I thought at the time I made the right decision. Now, knowing how my son feels, I deeply regret it. I can't un-do it and he reminds me that's why he's so bitter and "pissed off". He's 13 and I hope will someday forgive me because living a life full of anger is not good. He also is a very lazy kid, defiant, often angry (even before this) and a loner. I have to nag him to even take a shower and his hair often smells bad, which means he doesn't use the best hygiene. I can't imagine how bad it would be if he got an infection at this age and had to have it cut. I guess if I had known the original method was different than what they do in America, then I wouldn't have done it. This will be one of my biggest regrets in life I've scarred him physically and emotionally and probably ruined our mother-son relationship for life!
konakai is offline  
#742 of 749 Old 01-15-2015, 11:35 PM
 
mare54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He's thirteen snd just grappling with becoming a teenager so I'm sure a lot is going on in his mind and body. Finding out about circumcision can be emotionally confusing snd with the internet so convenient ...... It is a more common occurrence these days. Parents will need to be ready to answer some questions. Tell him your story...... We're you lied to about benefits of it? We're you pressured into doing it? Did you really know how serious of a decision it was? Everyone has a story snd they need to tell it snd apologize to their sons. Heartfelt apologies can be very healing. Let him do his processing of this in his own way..... Just let him know you will be there when he wants to talk about it. I'm sure the minute he likes a girl...... His hygiene will greatly improve! It's part of growing up. Good luck.
hakunangovi likes this.
mare54 is offline  
#743 of 749 Old 01-16-2015, 02:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Konakai, I am so sorry that you find yourself in this totally unexpected and uncomfortable situation. At least you gave the decision some thought before going ahead and having your son circumcised. So many people get sucked in by the prevalence of it in North American society. Every male they know is cut, so it must be O.K. Right? The other side of it is all the stories of men and boys who had to have it done. This is a result of the extreme ignorance in our medical profession about normal intact male genitalia. All the doctors know about a foreskin is to whack it off. The question needs to be asked - "What would you do for a girl?" In Finland the statistic is that only one man in over 16,600 will die without his foreskin. And yet here they treat it like a ticking bomb. I am puzzled as to what happened to your husband because in Europe an infection would be treated with antibiotics, not surgery.

The bottom line to this is that you were fed a whole lot of erroneous information. I think Mare54's post above is perfect - once your son knows that you felt you were making the best decision based on the information that you had; that it was not a malicious act, hopefully he will understand.

I, too am a circumcised guy who is pissed that it was done to me, but I don't blame my parents, other than to say that I wish they had given it more thought and stepped back to see just what a bizarre custom it is. I do blame an unethical medical system that perpetuates it.
hakunangovi is offline  
#744 of 749 Old 01-21-2015, 10:27 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Konakai, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are making out? There is video on Utube of a mother apologizing to her son. Maybe there are some pointers in it that could help you. You sound like a very concerned and loving mother, and I can tell that your heart is in the right place.
hakunangovi is offline  
#745 of 749 Old 02-08-2015, 03:12 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When our son was born 8 years ago, I was leaning towards not circumcising. My husband wasn't adamant, but he was leaning towards doing it, so we did. We both deeply regret it. He has had many issues with pain, and adhesions. Once it's done, it can't be undone!
amymom23 is offline  
#746 of 749 Old 03-05-2015, 11:05 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have read the first few pages but just wish to say this:


I am one of those sons that some have claimed will forgive you because you "did what you thought was best" and because "you are my mother I will love you no matter what". Let me state this clearly....I DO NOT FORGIVE MY MOTHER. I HATE HER GUTS WITH A PASSION. and I know of others that think this way.

one point that isnt touched on about circumcision(rape and mutilation) topics, is the bond between mother and child. you
see that child is looking very much forward to seeing you. Like all mammals babies that are new born wish to snuggle up to mom and suck on her breasts. in the case of humans they also really want dad to deliever them as well and share a special bonding moment with the two parents before sucking on mom, burping, and passing out. It may not sound like much, but to the newborn infant they are indeed thinking "This is sweet, sweet, heaven on earth. I am in bliss."


this bond however gets shattered when we break from God's(nature's if you prefer), naturally designed system. instead the love the child feels for you because mother and newborn son naturally love each other, is broken. THe baby when mutilated and raped screams "MOTHER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME????". the bond is then forever broken. you will never in a million years ever love and be loved back by your son the way God and nature intended. you are no longer the guardian angel, you are a guardian devil. You know longer hold your child as he thinks "This is sweet, sweet, heaven on earth. I am in bliss.". no you hold a child that screams up to heaven and cries to a just God "MOTHER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME???". indeed if there be a just God that rules over all creation, your infant's screams do damn you.



the new bond is one out of a need for survival. you see despite the horrific injury of rape and mutilation....the new born still has a desire to survive. so survive the newborn will at least those that dont die during the raping and mutilating. the ones that survive this monsterous act, will go on to want to survive. they rather than naturally looking forward to mommy and daddy, they will learn to love them to survive. rather than seeing you as the ones that gave me life, i see you as the ones i used to survive. to that end I will coo and ahh with you. I will use you to learn to talk, to walk, and all the other things needed to live. rather than a beacon of love, you are a beacon of a neccessary evil needed to survive.

I do not think you taught me these things because you loved me after all i cried "MOTHER WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME???" to
which you shrugged your shoulders. Even worse, you whispered in my ear, "I do this because I love you" O foolish fool, I
hate to see your enemies. THe one you claim was born perfect and precious, you say that to me daily, yet I was only perfect after you paid a pedophile to have sex with me and scar my manhood for life. So no I stole these things so I could survive because I am a survivor and I will live on, and that sick freak that raped me, will get his due justice, and mother you deserve to rot with him. BUt I cannot be blamed, I never knew a guardian angel as spoken of in all these mother's day cards and songs, no, I only know my guardian devil.

to those sons that do forgive, I merely think they havent completely embraced the evil that was done to them. I Dont think they see it as getting raped and mutilated. I dont think they see it as total betrayal of the sacred bond between mother and child. I think they still see it as society sees it, a choice to be made by the parents. they dont think theyve been raped, they dont think their virginity was taken at a day old, they dont think their first sexual experience was that of a sick perverted baby and doctor bondage scene, but no they still see it innocently as a choice. no there was no choice nor was there ever....unless you consider this a choice "Ma'am and sir, may I take your baby and rape and mutilate him, later on get off on this experience because I am a pedophile? and afterwards Im going to sell his foreskin for a lot of profit too. Oh and Please stick around and buy some lovely anti-aging cream, It is made from your baby's blood, tears, and screams. You see it is a much better use of his forskin." if you consider that a choice, then its a choice. but instead we ask "Are you circumcusing your son?" see how much nicer that sounds? so these forgiving sons still call it circumcision, but I call it the work of a sick pedophile who enjoyed having sex with me as a new born. and I now know when asked by bishops was I abstaining from premarital sex and I said yes....I was lieing for I had already had sex once before a very long time ago.

so no I do not forgive, nor does she deserve it.

and now I know when I do watch porn, why i find bondage so erotic and hot....I am merely reenacting my infancy.

the ones in this thread that deserve it, are those that are truly repentent of it, they have been brought to tears with
Godly sorrow, they seek to change this barbaric act. they learned and are indeed wiser. to you I thank, and your stories have been heart wrenching.

know this...I am that anger that cries out against you for betraying your sons. Even those that are too docile to cry out in anger....For the same reason we cut the balls off of dogs to make them calmer....so the same effect is with humans that lose a part of their manhood. I am that anger that that poor dog who did become tamer and more docile is expressing. I represent it. I am a part of it. I did not become tamer or more docile. I came in touch with an anger that would blow this planet to parts if given the chance. I am wroth with anger. 99% of men that get raped and mutilated and nearly castrated become tame and docile like a good little doggy, I however became feral and wild. I became worse, a thing that is to be feared, much more so than had I been left alone. the world will know my wrath. so yes just because your son forgives, know he is acting no more forgiving than the poor dog who's balls you cut off, he acts docile and tame out of fear for if you cut off his balls he fears what else you may do to him. so it is with your forgiving sons. but I fear you not, and you will know my wrath.


maybe it wont be me personally that gets to you, and though i write it from comfort of the annouymous internet. I swear before I die, the world will hear my scream. Even the scream of all those that like me became feral and wild. FOr I am the
demon that was created in innocence of circumcision, I am now longer human. I am a demon in a huamn's body. I am a half
demon half human monster. I cast off my humanity, I embrace my darkness. I am your precious little baby boy. I am the demon you held in your arms. I stare back at you and reflect your dark heart. I am the eternal wrath and horror and I come for you all.


yet I still have a memory....for but 9-10 months in my mothers womb, and for maybe one or two hours....I was indeed a human. Foolish child, thought his birth was done when he breathed his first breathe of life and cried, o foolish child of two humans, ye did not want a human baby, thus my birth was not done until i met my dear friend Doctor Pedophile. In that moment my humanity died. I became the eternal anger and horror. I became a demon. I became a monster and I am your precious little boy, and I do come at you with the wrath of the souls of the damned. Dear mother, you were my world, and you shattered it. And now your precious little boy is all grown up and can speak unto himself. O wo is you mother for you are the object of my wrath. Wo is you dear mother, You are and always will be my world, and my world knows nothing but evil and now that evil is returned unto you. I return to you now mother with the wrath of hell, of anger, of evil, of demons, it is yours and I am yours and we shall be one.

I am your creation. I am your son. I am your flesh and blood. All that I am is because of you dear mother. All that i will ever be is because of you. I am the very thing your son is to scared to show you, for this is the darkness that lies at his heart.

All men who confront circumcision uncensored, will find this darkness. They will find me, Satan for I am pleased with your actions, and I do wait for them, and you have made them ripe for me. I Satan, did whisper into your ears, and you did give them to me and I have made them my own. Thus saith me, the Devil.

Signed,

your precious little baby boy.
EarthRootsStarSoul likes this.
Unforgiving is offline  
#747 of 749 Old 03-07-2015, 08:48 AM
 
MichelleZB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,048
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I don't know if I'm out of line here, but I think the above post is a bit inflammatory and should be removed. To me, this place is a thread where parents who regret circumcision can come and find some healing. They know better now and want to help campaign for no more circumcision for other children.

Above poster, I'm sorry they cut off bits of your penis when you were a baby. It sucks a lot and I couldn't be more against it. I didn't do it to my own son--he is intact.

But you're going to have to find some way to live with your injury. A lot of people have some bodily deformity. My mother, for instance, has use of only one leg. It is possible to live your life anyway.

I think your issues with your mother must be bigger than the circumcision thing. My husband was cut too but otherwise had a loving relationship with his mother and has forgiven her for having him cut. She did what she thought was best, and although he would prefer to have a foreskin, he has still been able to live his life.

There are moms on this thread who will have more children, and will keep those children intact. They can't think that their relationships with their cut sons are irreparably damaged. I just don't think that's true.
MichelleZB is offline  
#748 of 749 Old 03-13-2015, 06:06 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post
I don't know if I'm out of line here, but I think the above post is a bit inflammatory .
There are moms on this thread who will have more children, and will keep those children intact. They can't think that their relationships with their cut sons are irreparably damaged. I just don't think that's true.
I agree that it is rather harsh. I am a guy who has spent most of his life feeling really pissed that I was robbed of my foreskin. I think the difference between living with a deformity and a cut penis is that the former is inevitably due to either genetics or an accident. A circumcision is done with intent. I had a great relationship with my mother. I realize that she was the victim of bad advice, and without so much as access to a library had no way to counter that advice. I do feel disappointed and wish that she had stepped back and considered the plan objectively. Maybe asked some pointed questions. When one does that, then the notion of cutting bits off the genitalia of a newborn baby suddenly seems bizarre. I find it interesting how being circumcised affects some men and not others. I have two brothers. One could not care less, while the other is also quite upset at loosing his foreskin too. However, we all loved our mother dearly.
hakunangovi is offline  
#749 of 749 Old 04-06-2015, 05:57 AM
 
robertat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another regretter here. I was 16 when my son was born and there was still that theory that it was cleaner and healthier going around. And my mom was a nurse and was adament he be circ'd because of that, what did I know so I did it. All of the men in mine and dh's family are circ'd also so I figured it couldn't be that bad.
robertat is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off