Muslim circ thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-11-2004, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread will remain closed.

No matter how politely it is phrased any discussion of a religious nature on the Circ board is out of place and usually ends up in a heated debate. If you have questions that are religious in nature, please place them on the Spirituality forum (but please read the guidelines for that forum as well - I am the mod there as well ). If you have questions as to what is allowed in the Circ forum, please read the Sticky at the top about religious discussion.

Thanks.

Feel free to PM me, ekblad7, or Cynthia Mosher if you have any questions, concerns, or complaints.
#2 of 3 Old 02-11-2004, 01:51 PM

I'm still here, I'm still here! I hope you didn't get the impression that I was trolling... I just had a few very busy days.

I'm very sorry for what I stirred up in that thread. I just carefully re-read the Administrator statement about religious discussion and see where I overstepped the rules with my post. Somehow I was under the impression that religious debate was permitted unless it got insulting and personal. Though I'd like to point out that the post I replied to went a bit across the line as well:

"On the other hand this forum is also not intended to be a place for the defense of religious circumcision. So it is neither appropriate for posts from those who have chosen ritual circ to come and expect support of their decision."

I also want to point out that I wrote a PM to mahdokht, who felt insulted by my message. I'm very sorry that I came across as insulting. English is not my mother tongue and I probably lack the necessary "fine-tuning". I didn't intend to insult any religion and I do certainly respect other religions and cultures. But to me, that doesn't mean that I have to accept everything they do without criticism.

Please, please, please don't turn this one into a battle-field as well.

Stardust
#3 of 3 Old 02-11-2004, 10:26 PM

Stardust, it works both ways. If someone is insulted or thinks that a post is against the user agreement it's supposed to be reported, not replied to.

I'm really sorry that the thread ended up needing to be closed though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page