Son needs surgery, advice needed please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-16-2009, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My just turned one year old just had an ultrasound that confirmed an undescended testicle. So I need to start my research into this. One of my worries is that he is going to need a cath and with him being intact I am worried that he could be retracted. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Kelly
#2 of 4 Old 10-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Just make sure that you are clear with the entire surgical team that your son is not to be retracted. If they need to cath him, they will most likely tell you that retraction is necessary..it is not. If no one involved in your son's case is willing to cath without retraction, insist on a NICU nurse to do the cath.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#3 of 4 Old 10-16-2009, 03:32 PM

Yep you very much need to sit down with the dr doing the surgery and explain to him that your ds's penis is not to be touched in any way. We have had at least 2 posters come here after a hernia surgery and the Dr. doing the surgery has forcibly retracted the boy to "help" him out. This cause not only unnecessary pain but possible trouble down the road.

Make your words very clear dont just say please dont retract my ds. Say in a firm voice I do not want my ds's foreskin manipulated in any way shape or form. If he needs cathed then have someone do it that knows how to without retracting. Depending on how receptive this dr is you may need to get even more aggressive and tell him you are fully prepared to bring legal action should your ds be harmed. The last is of course if you feel the Dr. is going to poo poo you not just out of the blue.

I am a big believer in the sugar rather than vinegar school of thought. Good luck to you and your ds.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 4 Old 10-16-2009, 06:10 PM

Bring the nocirc warning of forcible premature retraction & show the doctor of that if he does or any professional retracts you boy that you will be able to sue because it says right there .

Didn't one of those doctors during a hernia surgery actually said he was removing adhesion of the boy and isn't that called lysing .

So please add in the consent form No Lysing, No Circing, No Touching my son's foreskin. Your only to work to get the teste down into his scrotum so there is No Reason for Penis Touching

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page