help for my sis's unborn baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-12-2004, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if i end up with a nephew, that is.

sis's boyfriend ( who isnt the sharpest crayon in the box anyway) is all "well, i was circ'ed and i am fine, my ds is circed and he is fine ( he already has other kids from other relationships)

i have printed out the "appeal for new fathers" and i need some more info. the simpler the better, also as i am almost out of ink, the more concise the better

i am pretty sure i have sis completely sold on the benefits of bf ( or the hazards of not i should say) but i am needin more ammo for the circ issue.. tia

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#2 of 11 Old 02-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Banned

www.nocirc.org has some simple pamphlets. Keep working on your sister!
#3 of 11 Old 02-13-2004, 03:19 AM

This is pretty short and direct: the lost list.

And may I say, it makes me so ANGRY when I read this list and think about all the circumcised babies and men I know....

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#4 of 11 Old 02-13-2004, 03:44 AM

Quirky,

Thanks for sharing the Lost List. It's perfect for tucking into ds's diaper bag when he goes to see his grandparents!
#5 of 11 Old 02-18-2004, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

i liked that "lost link"... sis will understand it, but i think some of the words will be over his head ( think 6th grade reading level probably)

i have fresh ink and am ready to use it ... keep the links comin please , and remember simple, simple simple.....

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#6 of 11 Old 02-19-2004, 12:53 AM

How about Like Father, Like Son

How to talk to your circed partner about leaving baby intact

Dr. Sears has a very simple page on circ

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#7 of 11 Old 02-19-2004, 03:51 AM

Print this story out and give it to your sister and her boyfriend. It should scare him straight! It scares my male friends.

A man my mom went to high school with went on to become an Ob-Gyn. He botched a circumcision so bad that they had to give the baby a sex change! He was involved in a major lawsuit and probably another one when the boy turned 18.
#8 of 11 Old 02-19-2004, 05:39 AM

I can't find it now, but there's a story about a fox whose tail was accidentally removed. He felt silly, but got all the other foxes together. He told them that they too should have their tails removed, then they wouldn't have to worry about keeping it clean or getting it caught in doors and other benefits. Another fox at the meeting remarks, "those are very good reasons, but do you think you'd still promote this if you had your tail?" Well, it was much more poetic, but hopefully you get the point. =)
#9 of 11 Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 PM

Katherine:

By any chance, was that man in Atlanta? That very same thing happened to two boys, same hospital, same day, same shift but two different doctors. The equipment manufacturer settled with the parents for $22.8 million but the boys can (and are expected to) bring suit against the doctors and hospital on their own when they turn 18 shortly.

Frank
#10 of 11 Old 02-19-2004, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by MelissaEvans
I can't find it now, but there's a story about a fox whose tail was accidentally removed. He felt silly, but got all the other foxes together. He told them that they too should have their tails removed, then they wouldn't have to worry about keeping it clean or getting it caught in doors and other benefits. Another fox at the meeting remarks, "those are very good reasons, but do you think you'd still promote this if you had your tail?" Well, it was much more poetic, but hopefully you get the point. =)

now *THAT* he should be able to understand easily! thanx bunches.

#11 of 11 Old 02-19-2004, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

thx again...

quirky, that info from sears was better than it is in the baby book that i leant to sis.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page