poor baby ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are there any words of advice I can give to this mother? (I took out the baby's name)

Quote:
Well after ***** had his circ I knew it just did not look right and then they told me I needed to push the skin back with each diaper change for a month! I did not do that with ds#1! So I did what they said and to no avail it has gradually gone back to precirc! I went to ped on Monday for month check up and he sent to urologist today! He is going to have to recirc ***** at 4 months of age! But they must put him to sleep to do it! Anyway I just needed to talk about it because I was very bothered by it! He did tell me that he sees it a lot not to worry! HA WORRY THIS IS MY SON!
#2 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 04:44 PM

//
#3 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 05:20 PM

Emily:

Why don't you invite this mother to come here. A second circumcision is counter indicated and the condition he has will self resolve with no surgical intervention under the right circumstances. I can discuss it with her and of course, she will be treated respectfully. I can also put her in contact with other mothers who have wrestled with this issue and have seen it through to a successful outcome without surgical intervention. If she doesn't want to come here, have her PM me and I will discuss it privately.

Frank
#4 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Well I am not too sure about sending her here... for one I don't know if she would appreciate me quoting her post.. but I honestly just want to help her baby. I don't know her that well but she was on a board as we went through our pregnancies together and I would consider her a friend, and I'd hate to see her get bashed here..... I don't agree with her decision to circumcise but I still want her treated respectfully and some things already said in this thread might offend.

I am not sure WHAT to do..
#5 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 09:31 PM

"He did tell me that he sees it a lot not to worry!"

AHHHHH! How absolutely DISTURBING! Maybe somebody should report him for having a high rate of complications. That just isn't right. It is bad enough anyone has to go through it one time. Let alone a second.

I hope you will at least be able to get her to email Frank. She needs a second opinion DESPERATELY!

Kimberly
#6 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

well I did post what little info I know about it and told her to get some more opinions especially since the baby has to undergo general anesthesia. I would be terrified if my baby had to be put to sleep. I hope he does not have to and I hope she does not have to worry about it.
#7 of 8 Old 02-13-2004, 10:03 PM

If you do decide to suggest she come here for info, you can always have a moderator delete this thread. Good luck!
#8 of 8 Old 02-14-2004, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

I saw that she posted on another Circ board and got some good information... I hope she uses it!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page