Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
//
Old 02-12-2004, 02:34 PM

Poor baby. It breaks my heart whenever I hear that.
Eric> You go kick some butt!!!

mattemma04> Same here. I cant help but say something, I see it as child abuse and cant back down.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Someone should rip away a large portion of skin anywahere on her body and then when she is in too much pain to even scream they should tell her "it was just a snip whats your problem?"

I also think all parents should be forced to watch a video of it being done and then stand by thier child while it happening. even if it didn't reduce it from happen at least people would have to take responsibility and it might be done in a more humane way. At the very least by trained professionals instead of interns who are learning on the job.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:59 PM

I think the requirement of watching a circ video is good idea. I'm amazed that anyone can consider the spin that is the current mothod "informed consent".

I'm so sorry for your friends baby.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:33 PM

Informed consent is a joke! All the doctor has to tell a parent is that "Circumcision is not necessary for the health and well being of your child." and they don't have to tell you that if you don't ask. They don't have to tell you that the majority of boys will be left intact in 2004 unless you ask. They don't have to tell you that they will not be using any pain relief and the procedure is excrutiatingly painful unless you ask. They don't have to tell you that the complication rate of circumcision is 20% or more unless you ask. They don't have to tell you your child could die unless you ask they don't have to tell you that circumcision has been known to be sexually damaging for more than 2,000 years unless you ask. They don't have to tell you that circumcision is known to interfere with feeding unless you ask. They don't have to tell you that circumcised boys are hypersensitive to pain unless you ask.

They don't have to tell you anything. All that they have to do is push the papers in front of you when you are at your most vulnerable moment and unable to concentrate on anything except your belly and say "sign these." That covers their legal liability issues and that is all they are worried about.

Frank
Old 02-12-2004, 07:00 PM

poor little sweetie boy

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:27 PM

I returned this without the first post at the request of the OP so he could read his responses.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thx for reposting this lara.
Yea it's a shame. And it makes me so frustrated every time i think about or hear about that baby. I always change the subject cuz i just don't want to think about it. And wow i didn't know the complication rate was 20%. Thx Frank for giving me some more ammo. And oh yeah, my co-worker is 5 1/2 months preggy with a boy, so i'm gonna have to figure out a way to work it into a conversation with her.

Thx guys for the responsese, and sorry again for offending everyone.

User Tag List