Post here if you've NEVER had a problem... - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 280 Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At what ages should my boy foreskin retract cause he is 13 now and it still haven't happen?
#272 of 280 Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjuyftriujn View Post

At what ages should my boy foreskin retract cause he is 13 now and it still haven't happen?
It could be years yet or it could happen sometime in the near future. As long as he is able to urinate I wouldnt worry.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#273 of 280 Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjuyftriujn View Post

Welcome!

Much like a girl's body matures at it's own rate, so too will a boys.  Unfortunately, many doctors in the US are completely ignorant of normal male development.  If you're being told there's a problem, as long as your son is urinating, then he's likely fine.  When the male starts to mature, that's when the hormones start working on the body to finish the development of the sex organs.  Because most doctors in this country do not have a fulling functioning body, they do not know how one matures.  Most males will be retractable by the time they're an adult.  I've read here about a father who did not retract & had a sex life, obviously, or he wouldn't be a father. winky.gif

If this is bothersome to the child, once he's past puberty, if it still hasn't changed, a knowledgeable, intact friendly doctor can discuss options w/ him.  I would not suggest he see a random, run of the mill doctor though, for the reasons I stated above.  He'd have to see one that knows how to do more than just cut it off.

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#274 of 280 Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:

Much like a girl's body matures at it's own rate, so too will a boys.  Unfortunately, many doctors in the US are completely ignorant of normal male development.  If you're being told there's a problem, as long as your son is urinating, then he's likely fine.  When the male starts to mature, that's when the hormones start working on the body to finish the development of the sex organs.  Because most doctors in this country do not have a fulling functioning body, they do not know how one matures.  Most males will be retractable by the time they're an adult.  I've read here about a father who did not retract & had a sex life, obviously, or he wouldn't be a father. winky.gif

If this is bothersome to the child, once he's past puberty, if it still hasn't changed, a knowledgeable, intact friendly doctor can discuss options w/ him.  I would not suggest he see a random, run of the mill doctor though, for the reasons I stated above.  He'd have to see one that knows how to do more than just cut it off.

I agree.  I have a nephew who was not retractable until about 15, then almost overnight it happened. Also, there are men who never achieve retractability and lead perfectly normal lives with no issues whatsoever.  They are in a much better place that a man who had his foreskin amputated.

If, as Sus stated above, it becomes an issue fo him after puberty, there are many options which do not involve amputation.  For your own peace of mind, you might wish to read the following:

www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis

www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2490/8/6

#275 of 280 Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM

Husband is circed. But baby boys (3 and 5) have never had the slightest issue. =)

Resigned from teaching to be a doula and freelance writer.  run.gifMommy to blahblah.gif (06/05) and Peace.gif(05/07) and bouncy.gif(09/09) and fly-by-nursing2.gif(02/11)

#276 of 280 Old 01-20-2013, 12:48 AM

without revealing too much - none of my previous partners had a problem - I live in a culture where it is normal to be intact  - I have NEVER heard of an issue mot once, not ever., my son at 9 weeks is intact and circumcision was never mention by any of the medical staff I dealt with. I didn't even have a passing thought of whether to cut his penis or not - no one else needs to either

#277 of 280 Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 AM

never had a problem.  Never even heard of a problem in "real life."

#278 of 280 Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM

Two boys, ages 6 and 5. Not a single problem.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#279 of 280 Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM

DS is four, and never had a problem.

sleeping.gifMama to DD dust.gif(12.2005), DS1 sleepytime.gif (01.2009), DS2 babyboy.gif (04.28.2013) with DH heartbeat.gif04.10.13!!heartbeat.gif namaste.gif

#280 of 280 Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM

My two intact DS's have had not problems at all. 7 years, and 4 years running.

Our almost 10 year old DD has had so.many.adhesions, multiple UTI's and kidney infections. And two surgeries to correct reflux. Oddly enough, no one suggested circumcision as a cure for herPeace.gif Funny how that works.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page