Post here if you've NEVER had a problem... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 280 Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My husband is 52 years old, uncut, and never had a problem with his.

DS is only 4 weeks, also uncut, and no problems. I do not expect to have any either.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#92 of 280 Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 7 year old has never had any problems. When he was 4 we switched doctors (for various reasons) but one of them was he would try to retract when my son was a baby...I told him just look no touching...but then he was adamant my son needed steroid cream for a "tight foreskin"...and asked if he was peeing well. He was and had no problems. I gave him the research about foreskin loosening on its own as he plays with it (which seemed to shock the old Christian conservative man when I said that) and during puberty. Anyway my son has had no problems with it or urination problems. And i declined the steroid cream. My 2 year old is intact and has also had no problems.

My 60 something year old FIL is intact and has had no problems. He's also a Vietman vet, and lived in some very unsanitary conditions. He's had no problems at all. I've asked and embarassed him to know that info

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#93 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 AM

I have a daughter, no boys yet, but we are ready for our next one soon... Well, when I found out I was preg with my first I did the research already knowing I wasn't going to circumsize if we had a boy, but I did it to make sure my hubby was on the same page with me, since that was all he knew.. Anyway, the real question I have is when I talk, about not circumsizing and how that is what I feel strongly about every boy in the world, to my friends and others, everyone always has this horror story of someone they know or how knows someone who got infected and then had to do it when they were older! Everytime! I just don't know what to say after that cuz it kinda pisses me off and thats all i can think about... So, I usually don't say anything, but I was wondering if anyone here has gone through that many times, like me, and what would you say or what did you say? Thanks!
#94 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malorie2284 View Post
I have a daughter, no boys yet, but we are ready for our next one soon... Well, when I found out I was preg with my first I did the research already knowing I wasn't going to circumsize if we had a boy, but I did it to make sure my hubby was on the same page with me, since that was all he knew.. Anyway, the real question I have is when I talk, about not circumsizing and how that is what I feel strongly about every boy in the world, to my friends and others, everyone always has this horror story of someone they know or how knows someone who got infected and then had to do it when they were older! Everytime! I just don't know what to say after that cuz it kinda pisses me off and thats all i can think about... So, I usually don't say anything, but I was wondering if anyone here has gone through that many times, like me, and what would you say or what did you say? Thanks!
Ya it's always someone's father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former roomate.
#95 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 PM

One of Husband's aunts was way too furious at us for not circumcising and her comment was.."I've worked in nursing homes and it's always the old men who aren't circumcised who get the bad infections...you want to circumcise him so he won't get ill WHEN he is in a nursing home." As if a nursing home was everyones fate. I told her she was telling me more about the care in your typical nursing home than anything else...which really made her more upset since she was a nurse or something in a nursing home.

I'm a nice person but I usually don't keep my mouth shut when people put down others parenting choices in any way.

homeschooling, breastfeeding, cosleeping mama to ds1(7), ds2(3) and dd(3 months)
#96 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 01:37 PM

My son is 16 months. No problems at all. We follow all the advice about not retracting, ect.

My husband is intact as well. He did have many problems when he was young, but he was a survivor of the "retract at birth and as often as possible thereafter" generation. He had "phimosis" at age 2 and again at 9 or 10.

His parents are amazed that our son's penis hasn't fallen off yet

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#97 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 02:25 PM

Intact almost-six year old here. We've never had any issues.

My Etsy Shop
Acorn Dolls~Wool Felt Crowns~Children's Craft Kits~Shooting Stars~Dancing Fairy Rings~Come On Over and Play!
#98 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malorie2284 View Post
I have said, "oh, yeah - some doctor probably told his mom to pull back the foreskin to clean under it, and that can cause a lot of problems later in life - imagine if someone kept peeling back your fingernails!". Even if they don't fully get it, they do get the idea that maybe something other than simply having a foreskin caused/causes the problems.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#99 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 03:58 PM

I have an intact 2 year-old with no issues at all. Just a perfectly healthy and happy penis!

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#100 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 04:31 PM

35 yo dh and 6 yo ds--no problems with either...
#101 of 280 Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM

Intact husband - 30 years old - no problems ever!

Intact son - 15 months - no problems ever!

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#102 of 280 Old 06-25-2010, 03:36 PM

Intact ds, 8 yrs old, never had a problem.

Intact 19 month old ds, no problems.

Jewels & Jon (Married 11+ yrs)- Homeschooling, No Circ, BF, CD Mama to:
Alex 8 Gabby 6 (Homeborn!) Gideon 2.... chickens, ducks, cats and a dog
#103 of 280 Old 06-26-2010, 02:12 AM

No problems here! 3.5 year old and 16 month old.

Marilyn, wife to DH 09/02 and mama to my boys, DS1 11/06 and DS2 02/09, and a new one on the way in 06/12!

****5****10****bellycast.gif****20****25****30****35****40**

#104 of 280 Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM

my boyfriend is 24 years old and has never had an issue.

photosmile2.gifcavale treehugger.gif*wannabe radical doula*
*plotting with sammodifiedartist.gif until we have our own little ones*
planning to TTC in May '11 (just in time for my birthday!)
#105 of 280 Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 AM

Intact ds 6 mo, no problems
#106 of 280 Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 PM

Intact 16 mo DS - no problems!

Intact 27 DH - no problems, but his mother was advised to retract and 'wipe'. I honestly want to ask her how on earth was she was even able to retract without causing bleeding or tearing, but I dont want to hurt her feelings. she knows better now.

Mama to DS 2/23/2009 and DD 7/22/2014
#107 of 280 Old 07-01-2010, 02:18 PM

10 month old baby boy, nothing to report!

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#108 of 280 Old 07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
2xy

My boys are intact and have always been healthy.
#109 of 280 Old 07-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Ten years with never a problem or even a worry!

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#110 of 280 Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 PM

DH is 42 and DS is 2.5. No problems.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#111 of 280 Old 07-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen1174 View Post
They both all grown up now, and no problems!
Same here. My two sons are grown now, and guess what? They're ok!
#112 of 280 Old 07-02-2010, 04:18 PM

My 4 yo is intact and has never had a problem of any kind.
#113 of 280 Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
14m and counting no problems.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#114 of 280 Old 07-08-2010, 05:07 AM

My first post. Four boys, oldest is nine. All intact and never any problems.
#115 of 280 Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 AM

11 months with no problems- except that we found out the hard way that some doctors don't know about intact boys when ours retracted him without consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin23kate View Post
And, an added bonus for Mommy... I discovered that intact boys don't pee all over you during diaper changes!
And ours definitely does pee all over during diaper changes. So I don't know if this is related to being intact or not.
#116 of 280 Old 07-30-2010, 11:12 PM

I'm in my 20s and because I'm in Australia all my partners have been intact. No problems, either that I noticed when I was with them (and I was with one for years) or in their childhoods, from what they've told me. One had phimosis but it never caused pain, infections or issues.

It's a shame we even need to have this thread. It's just a normal body part!
#117 of 280 Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 PM

two sons, 3.5 and 22mths, no problems
two intact exes who never had any problems, either.

Jacki, old-fashioned, crunchy mama to five, grandmother to one.
#118 of 280 Old 07-31-2010, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My 3 year old has never had a problem with his penis or foreskin, and I don't anticipate him ever having a problem. I think problems occur when the foreskin is retracted by anyone other than the owner of the penis. If the foreskin is not prematurely retracted, I think it's pretty rare to have a problem.
#119 of 280 Old 08-02-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin23kate View Post
....with an intact penis!

My son is 3 months old and has never had any problems of any kind. And, an added bonus for Mommy... I discovered that intact boys don't pee all over you during diaper changes!
Hi Erin:

GREAT posting topic! My son is five years old, intact, and has never had even the slightest problem with his penis. No redness, no itching, no sticking, no adhesions, no nothing!

However, I can't agree with you on your last comment. My intact son peed all over me pretty much EVERY time I changed his diaper. I can't count how many times that he peed on my face (and grandma's face!) when he was an infant. I swear to God, even though I would tell myself to watch out, he'd still somehow get me!!!!

I think that was just a fluke thing with your son, and a lucky one on your part!
#120 of 280 Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 AM

Oh, also, I should mention that I dated two guys (not at the same time, of course!) who were uncircumcised and they never had any problems with their penises either.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page