Painful erections? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-18-2010, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS is 2 and is intact. When he gets an erection, he acts like his penis hurts. He whines a bit & sometimes says that it feels "tight". Is this normal or should I get him checked out?

Tandem nursing, Baby-wearing, Co-sleeping, Car seat-checkin' (CRST) Mama to my sweet boys, Peter (4.20.08) and Jasper (4.25.11).
#2 of 10 Old 06-18-2010, 11:40 PM

It's very likely that he simply lack the communication/comprehension skills to differentiate the weird slightly uncomfortable feeling of an erection from pain. There could also be some slight discomfort from the erection stretching the connections between the foreskin and the glans

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#3 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
It's very likely that he simply lack the communication/comprehension skills to differentiate the weird slightly uncomfortable feeling of an erection from pain. There could also be some slight discomfort from the erection stretching the connections between the foreskin and the glans

Nothing a Dr. could do that you cant. If you cant see anything just by looking then the Dr cant either since he shouldnt be allowed to mess with it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 AM

My son had complained about erections too. I encouraged him to play with himself more, especially in the bath tub. I also learned that by pulling the foreskin out they can stretch a tight frenulum. A few weeks of increased activity solved the problem for my little guy.
#5 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 AM

DS (he's 3) will tell me it "hurts" too. I think he just doesn't have words to describe the feeling, and so "hurts" is the best he can do. He's also said, "tight," "funny-feeling," or "squeezey."

me knit.gif, he bikenew.gif, my three reading.gif, sleepytime.gif, and fairy.gif-- and the one we lost angel2.gif
#6 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xand2y View Post
My son had complained about erections too. I encouraged him to play with himself more, especially in the bath tub. I also learned that by pulling the foreskin out they can stretch a tight frenulum. A few weeks of increased activity solved the problem for my little guy.
I'm just curious how you can tell if a child has a "tight" frenulum?? I'm honestly confused.
#7 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 05:07 AM

You cant really tell if they have a tight one. Only as they age will that show up and I think one of the stretching techniques calls for pulling out of the foreskin to try and help it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#8 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 AM

In extremely strong erections the blood can push hard enough on the erectile structures to actually be slightly uncomfortable or even painful. This can often be surprising to young boys. In circumcised males or males with short frenula the penis can grow more than the skin can stretch which could also cause pain. Over time the repeated stretching can cause the skin to grow and accomodate the erection, much like foreskin restoration grows new skin.
#9 of 10 Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I'm just curious how you can tell if a child has a "tight" frenulum?? I'm honestly confused.
It was more of an assumption, after doing research, than a knowing. Now, I continue to assume I was right since the stretching worked. Sorry, I was misleading.
#10 of 10 Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM

While DS's foreskin was in the process of retracting on its own, he had a few painful erections. He was about 3 1/2 & still in diapers. After a few times of this, he was able to full retract his foreskin. But when I saw some of the erections that he said were painful, the foreskin was REALLY tight along his penis.

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page