Mothering Forum banner

Tip of foreskin is red and swollen

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Magali 
#1 ·
So DS has had some irritation now and then, just a bit of pink on the very tip. That usually goes away within a few hours. But today, it's been red for most of the day, and is also slightly swollen. I don't know if I should worry or just watch it.

#3 ·
Has he had a doctor's appointment where the foreskin was messed with in any way? It definitely shouldn't be pulled back at all.

It could just be soap irritating it. The first thing to try is soaking him in a bath of plain hot water (as hot as he can tolerate). If it's not improved the next day, if it seems yeasty you can put a tiny bit of antifungal on; if not, a tiny bit of neosporin (sp). The baths usually work every time though. I hope he feels better soon.

#7 ·
I posted about this last week. My ds had the same symptoms. It cleared up in a couple of days. I gave baking soda baths. I kept waiting for it to gety worse, but it never did. Has you ds been in a chlorinated pool lately? That is what I think caused the irritaion in my son.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.