Pediatrician Retracted. Now What? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-10-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm very very upset. I feel like throwing up. I took DS4 to a new ped today. He is 4 months old. Many of the local "natural Mom's" recommended her because she is very agreeable to no vaxing. I really wasn't on the super alert for penis issues for my non circed son since she was highly recommended. She takes off his diaper and does a quick check and pulls back his foreskin!!!! It happened literally in the matter of one second. I had no time to prevent. She only did a small amount and Judah did not react at all so I'm assuming (hoping) he did not get hurt. I think I quickly saw the tip of the head of his penis. How damaging could this be? The area around his penis foreskin is now pink/irritated looking. I'm so sad. Bitch will never touch him again. Anything I should be watching for and/or could do to help him with the pink skin? More baths? Less baths?

Mother to FOUR BOYS!!  Austin (1997) Luke (2005) Mason (2007) and Judah (2010), wife to Joe, doula to many, and Birthing From Within Mentor in SE Michigan
#2 of 5 Old 08-10-2010, 07:12 PM

you're the second person from our ddc who this has happened to this week

Hippie sympathizer and mom to L, 4.8.10.
Pet-mom to Squirt with FLUTD & Maya the deaf wonder dog .
#3 of 5 Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaAlicia View Post
How damaging could this be? The area around his penis foreskin is now pink/irritated looking. I'm so sad. Bitch will never touch him again. Anything I should be watching for and/or could do to help him with the pink skin? More baths? Less baths?
Sorry to hear this happened to you. I doubt there will be much damage, the foreskin is resilient, wait until you see what your son does with it when he discovers it. In any case, just keep an eye on it the soreness should only last a day or so. I'd also discuss this with the Ped as soon as you're ready to.
#4 of 5 Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 PM

Odds are that he will be just fine as long as there are no mirco tears to allow bacteria in. The problems come when this happens over and over again just once wont usually cause issues unless it is right away with infection.

Put some breast milk on there to help things heal it will really help.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-11-2010, 02:28 PM

I'm going to repeat what I posted on a similar thread a couple of days ago.

I strongly urge you to contact the lawyer for Doctors Opposing Circumcision, John D. Geisheker. You can find his contact information here, http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcisi...t/contact.html

From what I have heard, he will send an official letter to the doc and affiliated hospitals/medical practices that will get their attention and really let them know that what s/he did was wrong and risky from a liability standpoint. He will not charge anything for this service.

Even if you never see this doc again, she is out there doing this to other little boys and every attempt should be made to stop her.

Information from a lawyer can often get their attention when other means don't.

My sons have their 18 month appt later today, and these two recent posts are going to make me be especially on my guard. Nothing has ever happened yet, but you really never know when it will.

Single mom to the Crunchy Froglets, Keith and Carlin, twin boys born 1/30/09. Frozen for 10 years, now unleashed on the world.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page