help ASAP!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My sons penis seems to be swollen & he is screaming in pain. There is absolutely no red around it or even at the tip. All normal coloring - just swollen. Waiting for the pedi to call us back. What would cause this?! What do I make sure the pedi does NOT do to my baby's penis?!?! I'm petrified they are going to retract it. What do I do?! Help calm me please!!!!!

Me. Full-time intactlact.gif,homeschool.gif,waterbirth.jpgx2 Momma. Part-time Doula & WAHM. Married to my bff USMC CWO2. Momma to the big M energy.gif11/06 -- the lil' superhero.gif C 09/08 and belly.gifexpecting our 3rd & last 12/12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-25-2010, 03:56 PM

It is scary when this happens and I am sorry your ds is in pain. How old is he?

It could be 3 things.
1) a variation of normal when separation starts happening
2) yeast infection
3) bacterial infection

This thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=764732 talks about all 3 and how to decide which is which. If you do take him to the Dr. do not allow retraction if it is an infection it will make it spread. I moved ds's penis around for the Dr. to look at without moving his foreskin when he had a bacterial infection. To check which it is yeast or bacterial a swab of the very tip is all that is needed. Anything inside will show up out there.

You are in charge before they even look at it tell the Dr. you do not want him touching it and you will move the penis if it is needed. My ds was swollen so badly that the Dr. asked if he was circed

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-26-2010, 11:00 PM

Hi, how old is your son?
Has anything like this happened before?
How is it going?

Its important to calm down, otherwise you cannot think straight and you are easily manipulated by others.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page