Baby Gets Circumcised Against Family's Wishes - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 09-20-2010, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
Oh my....it looks like someone in this hospital is on a mission...
That was my first thought.
#92 of 95 Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They pestered me with DS1 as well... told me of all the problems it can cause his wife if we didn't do it...

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#93 of 95 Old 09-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Do you think they can really win a case of assault and battery? Do they have to go before a jury or just a judge? And it will probably be appealed if they do win, so it might take a while. I don't know enough about such things to know what kind of a chance they have.

But if they do win, that could really help. I mean, nobody can get insurance against an assault and battery lawsuit like you can against malpractice, right? So this could really scare a lot of doctors and hospitals out of doing circ's. It only takes one mistake, one unsigned consent form. Are the $ really worth the risk? I bet a bunch of them will think it's not.

Of course, that's assuming they can win this case. I really hope they can.
#94 of 95 Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Do you think they can really win a case of assault and battery? Do they have to go before a jury or just a judge? And it will probably be appealed if they do win, so it might take a while. I don't know enough about such things to know what kind of a chance they have.

But if they do win, that could really help. I mean, nobody can get insurance against an assault and battery lawsuit like you can against malpractice, right? So this could really scare a lot of doctors and hospitals out of doing circ's. It only takes one mistake, one unsigned consent form. Are the $ really worth the risk? I bet a bunch of them will think it's not.

Of course, that's assuming they can win this case. I really hope they can.
We have an Attorney or two around here perhaps if they have time they can shed some light on this.
#95 of 95 Old 09-21-2010, 01:40 AM

Here's a link to the ABCnews.com article:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoo...ry?id=11626925

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page