Anything to help promote intact boys? 2000 attending - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-14-2010, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our County is having a "Baby Faire" next Saturday, the 25th, and I will have a table there promoting doula's...but I was wondering if anyone had any type of pamplet or anything to help promote the intact baby. I have already spent a boatload of $ that I don't have just to get a table (had to supply at least $80 worth of tangible goods for raffle, and then paid for doula pamplets to be printed etc.)

So anyone have anything they might be able to spare? Or even just something already typed up I might be able to draw together the funds for printing. Last years attendance was about 2000 expectant parents so I am hoping to save at least a couple of little boys! (Living in Flint MI most boys are circ'd without the parent ever considering the alternative )

TIA!

Crystal- aka "Momma" toLara Karlene 1-1-05 ~ Keira Skyler 1-31-07 ~ Rohnin Viper 8-12-09 & stork-suprise.gif March 2014!!!!

intactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Dev

I have a 4 X 5 index card with a colored photo of a baby boy circ (cutting being done while infant is on circumstraint board) on one side and 5 bullet points on the other side explaining "what is lost to circ". The template is in WORD so you can make your own cards using heavy white paper on your home colored printer (4 index cards per piece of paper). It's a great educational note card people can take with them.
Just personal message me if you want me to e-mail the template.
Devin
Old 09-15-2010, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev View Post
I have a 4 X 5 index card with a colored photo of a baby boy circ (cutting being done while infant is on circumstraint board) on one side and 5 bullet points on the other side explaining "what is lost to circ". The template is in WORD so you can make your own cards using heavy white paper on your home colored printer (4 index cards per piece of paper). It's a great educational note card people can take with them.
Just personal message me if you want me to e-mail the template.
Devin
Thanks!
Pm'ing you! I will need to print one out at the library and take it to kinko's or a fedex office to make the copies - our printer has fritzed on us

Any other idea's out there?

Crystal- aka "Momma" toLara Karlene 1-1-05 ~ Keira Skyler 1-31-07 ~ Rohnin Viper 8-12-09 & stork-suprise.gif March 2014!!!!

intactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 09-15-2010, 02:33 AM

Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 AM

This site has a few resources for what you need.

Good Luck!
Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM

Michigan has a large and active NOCIRC group- they have been doing a great thing with a booth every year at the Ann Arbor Art Festival (as well as other events- but I think that's a big one for them) - why don't you contact them and ask them if they have any materials already printed- It's possible they have a printing budget and could help you out- you could return any leftovers you don't hand out- then you would both benefit. If they can't actually give you the stuff- I'm sure they could share with you the printouts that you could copy for yourself.

http://www.nocircofmi.org/

There is also a group called "Savingpenises.org" who will send an in depth (included DVDs and papers) info pack (preferably with a donation to offset the price of the pack) to expectant parents. You should keep their info on hand in case you meet a mom who is really interested/conflicted/pressured and needs more than just a trifold.

They have a mini info card printed business card size- $3 for 25 $1 for each additional 10...
http://www.savingpenises.org/intactivist-store.html
Old 09-15-2010, 02:42 PM

Contact Norm Cohen of Nocirc of MI. He tries to table at related events in the Detroit area, he would be a good resource.

Mama to DS 2/23/2009 and DD 7/22/2014
Old 09-15-2010, 05:29 PM

www.nocirc.org has freely down-loadable and copyable pamphlets.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM

Just wanted to say kudos to you for thinking and acting on this! You may be the reason some boys get to keep all their penises!

You might also want to try to find a simple trifold on care of the intact penis, for when parents change their minds and need info.

User Tag List