Is there anything I can do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son was forcibly retracted with some kind of clamp a little while ago. When we walked into this office I told him not to touch my son in any way. While I was answering questions for the nurse he proceeded to retract my son and I ran to him in the middle of this. From the moment we were in the room up until it was over it was maybe 4 minutes long. Now we have a bill from him and honestly I want to do everything I can to not pay it. All he did was misdiagnose my son (two days later it was cleared up and we got tests from er back saying NO infection) and retract him. Thats all he did. We just spoke to him on the phone and he lied about everything! He said that he had our permission (huge lie, I specifically told him NOT to touch him at all) He said that in order to see if there was an infection he had to partially retract him and when he did so he saw no infection. Which is another lie because there is no partially retracting him, he put a clamp and opened it up. And the last thing he said to me walking out of the office is that even though I dont want to circ and he doesnt want to, he had an infection and thats the only way to take care of it. Im beyond upset right now. This man did something so barbaric in the first place and now hes lying about it. to make matters worse he hung up on me!

Is there anyone I can contact for any info. I have tried DOC but have gotten nothing back. I think my only option at this point is a lawyer. *sigh* I really hate paying this man for what he did. I feel like Im saying its okay.

Wife of a Coastie, Mom to Rylin, Alden, Carden and Thumper coming Octoberstork-suprise.gifbfinfant.gifdp_femalesling.GIFsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifhomebirth.jpgribbonpink.gifHelping my mom fight breast cancer.

#2 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 PM

I would definetly not see him again write a letter to the head boss of that place with a complaint and to your bill company saying your doctor did invasive procedures you did not consent too and you feel like you wasted time there because the doctor just gave you full of baloney.
#3 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

He is the only Dr. at that practice although I think he works through the hospital. I plan to contact them tomorrow. I already contacted our insurance and they said there is nothing they can do. I just wasnt sure if there was some kind of medical dispute I could do for it without getting an attorney.

Wife of a Coastie, Mom to Rylin, Alden, Carden and Thumper coming Octoberstork-suprise.gifbfinfant.gifdp_femalesling.GIFsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifhomebirth.jpgribbonpink.gifHelping my mom fight breast cancer.

#4 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 PM

I would contact this lawyer

Quote:
The attorney for Doctors Opposing Circumcision, John Geisheker, will send a letter to the doctor/nurse/hospital pro bono (free) on your behalf telling them what they did was wrong and the consequences. It isn't a letter stating you'll sue, but it is fully referenced and ought to get their attention.

Email him at
docdirector.geisheker@gmail.com

Before you contact John, you will need the following information:

The name of the doctor or nurse who did this, the name of his/her practice and their (snail) mailing address.

The name of the hospital where the doctor has privileges, (the hospital where they practice) and the mailing address. (even if it didn’t happen at the hospital)

The name of the CEO or Administrator of the hospital. (even if it didn't happen in the hospital, find out where the offending doctor has privileges and send it to those hospitals)

The name of the hospital's risk manager.

The name of the head of the department (OB, peds, emergency, etc.)

Letters will also be sent to:

The state medical board in your state.

The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (hospitals fear them like a boogeyman).
Please let this Dr. know that you will not tolerate that kind of incompetence and what can happen should he continue to disregard parents wishes.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 9 Old 09-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can file a complaint through your state medical board (the board that monitors the licensing of doctors). Also, don't pay him if you don't want. Let him take it to court. It will cost him money to file the court costs and then you can counter sue him. My guess is (and I'm not involved in law whatsoever so I might be way off base) it would cost him more money to file the claim and then go to court (either to pay an attorney or take off a half-day off work) than what you actually owe him.
I don't know. Maybe someone well versed in law will chime in. I hate the thought of lawsuits but I also hate the thought of doctors hurting kids.
I'm sorry your son was retracted and I hope he's okay now. You might visit the "Finding Your Tribe" forum here and see if anyone in your area can recommend a foreskin friendly doctor.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

#6 of 9 Old 09-30-2010, 03:42 PM

You do not need to pay this bill. You can simply right him a letter stating that he is extremely lucky that you don't have the time and energy to file sexual assault charges on him (and yes you actually could have gone to the police and filed such charges under the circumstances. Whether the charges would have stuck aside, just making the charges would have had a huge effect on him.) Tell him not to submit any more bills or you will contact a lawyer. You don't need to have a lawyer to write this letter.

Interestingly, I have on multiple occasions gotten letters from my insurance company telling me that if a receive a bill from XYZ Dr to not pay it. These were times when the Dr's office had submitted the paper work to claim payment for services incorrectly. It seems that they often then just send the bill along to the patient, but the insurance company gives the patients a warning that they aren't responsible for paying.

If you do have insurance, you can contact the company as well and state that services the Dr rendered were very unsatisfactory and that you do not feel he is owed anything.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#7 of 9 Old 09-30-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

We have contacted tricare and filed a grievance against him. His office is through the hospital I think so were going to contact them next. We only recieved one bill about 2 weeks ago and its already with a collection agency.

#8 of 9 Old 10-01-2010, 12:16 AM

Try contacting, or better yet, calling Attorneys for the rights of the child. Here is a link to their contact info and web site, http://www.arclaw.org/arc_contact/
They might be able to give you some advise, especially if you want this doc to have some repercussions for his medically irresponsible actions. Good luck!

Mama to DS 2/23/2009 and DD 7/22/2014
#9 of 9 Old 10-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

I too am not a lawyer, but i think that if he does not have a WRITTEN concent to this procedure, he will look VERY pitty in court and you actually can sue him for that (I'd definitely try, if anything to stop him from doing it to other boys). Take a picture of your son's penis if it was visibly damaged by the retraction.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page