Mothering Forum banner

If your dh/partner is intact (or restored)

2K views 27 replies 27 participants last post by  OperaDiva 
#1 ·
Do YOU get UTIs? I swear I read anectodal evidence that female partners of intact men get fewer UTI.

Wondering how it's played out for others. My dh is circd and I woke up with a uti this morning (yes, I peed, lol) and it got me thinking.

#4 ·
i think i have had 1 UTI in the 10 years dh and i have been together. i used to get them a lot in college, (but i've never been with a cut guy) so i think it has more to do with me being more careful about peeing after sex, and going when i need to go instead of waiting.

#11 ·
Only once, and that was when I was pregnant, so I think that was the reason more than anything else. I had urinary reflux as a kid and actually had to have several corrective surgeries, so I am very careful about prevention - things like how I wash, peeing after sex, cotton undies, etc. I am not convinced that intact status would really matter one way or another.

#13 ·
I got UTI's fairly often when I was first with my husband. But....

-he was my first and no one told me I should pee right after sex! (I was 20 and my mom thought I had been sexually active with my previous boyfriend, so didn't think think to mention it)

-we used condoms for the first year we were together

So it was ME, just being prone to UTI's, not about his foreskin.

#15 ·
I had two as a teen when we used condoms, i think because the condom takes the foreskin out of the equation, meaning more friction and thus injury (probably depends on anatomy though). I have never gotten one with DH or XP, with whom i didn't use condoms.

For me the foreskin makes a huge difference. If DH had to be circ'd for medical reasons obviously i'd still want to be with him, but we would really grieve that sort of injury as a couple.

#17 ·
My dh is circed and I have not had a UTI since we have been married.

I have only had 1 UTI in my life back when I was 18-19 I was not sexually active and had never been sexually active.

I always thought that some woman where just more prone to having UTI than others.

#18 ·
I am restored, at about 1/2 way through our 27 years of marriage.

I am not aware that my wife has ever had an UTI.

I had one UTI a few months ago (so since restoration). No idea where it came from. cleared up right away with treatment. Did not transfer to wife.

#20 ·
Dh is circed. I've had a few UTIs...2 maybe? I also got about the same amount, to the same degree, when I had a same sex partner. I think it's a matter of that woman's anatomy, sex positions, wiping off and peeing after saliva or semen could cause irritation.

#22 ·
I didn't expect so many replies! Awesome! So it sounds like foreskin isn't likely a factor, which I kind if thought, but like I said I'd heard (er, read) that someone thought it was for her situation and wondered about a broader population.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post
DH is intact and I had one, back when we were young and I wasn't as religious about peeing after sex. (back before nursing babies, when we did have sex
)
boy I can relate to that!

#23 ·
My ex was cut and I got UTIs like nobody's business. He gave me yeast infections. Geez, I thought that circumcision was supposed to prevent that? Apparently his penis didn't get the notice.

Purely anecdotal, but my BFF is prone to UTIs and she dated an intact guy while she was in Europe for school. They were very busy (*ahem*), and she never got a UTI with him.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by titania8 View Post
Do YOU get UTIs? I swear I read anectodal evidence that female partners of intact men get fewer UTI.

Wondering how it's played out for others. My dh is circd and I woke up with a uti this morning (yes, I peed, lol) and it got me thinking.
nope, never.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.