Am I really a freak? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-25-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I have three girls. I am pg. with our fourth and final.....girl! However, whenever I talk to other pg. women, I always bring up circ'ing. I give reasons not to do it....yet being the mother of girls, I am labeled a freak! One mom went so far as to call me a pedophile because I "was interested in her son's penis!" Why can't I be concerned about the genital mutilation that happens to our nation's boys? I thought any cause needs people to bring it into the light?

DH Cain Mamma to 3 girls LO due 2/15
#2 of 6 Old 10-25-2010, 07:04 PM

Aww yay, you're raising 4 girls that will grow up and think that MY son is not a freak! And yes, unfortunately it's very taboo to talk about apparently. I've tried so many times and it always ends up smacking me in the face... so I just state that I don't agree with it and only expand if someone asks me to. It's horrible that people still think this is an acceptable practice and shouldn't be talked about... but you are doing SO much just by raising your girls to believe that our men should be whole So for that, thank you!!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#3 of 6 Old 10-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Maybe it's the way you bring it up that gets them defensive.

Maybe just mention if you had a boy you wouldn't have circ'ed him and leave it like that those people would go oh really and maybe ask questions but you never know.

I say it's good that your sharing info and there will be future mothers that will stand up to their circ'ed hubby to say no plus they will be not shallow of the foreskin.
#4 of 6 Old 10-26-2010, 09:30 PM

I was considered "weird" for even thinking about circ before actually giving birth.. "Why do you care, you don't even know what you are having" Guess most people like to bury their heads in the sand until the decision bites them on the butt.
Luckily Im the "weird one" now with everything so people have just stopped asking me parenting questions. They know they don't want to know my answer.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#5 of 6 Old 10-27-2010, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
Aww yay, you're raising 4 girls that will grow up and think that MY son is not a freak!
Yeah There will be women in the world who won't wonder what's "wrong" with my son!

Honestly, (and this is the weakest argument, but stay with me) if anything, as women we shouldn't be concerned with circ or intact. We don't have penises, so we shouldn't have opinions on what to do with them.

Like I said, weak. Just like why a mom of girls can't think/talk about circ.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#6 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 12:54 AM

The measure of s society is how they treat their weakest - the young and the elderly. As a member of the human race, you have a valid concern in the care of both all youth and elderly. Pull that line of reasoning out on them and see what they say!

Also, circumcision is a woman's issue as circumcision has negative sexual impacts upon the man AND his partner(s) - if he's heterosexual, that would inclued you and your daughters (assuming they are heterosexual - not to get too mixed up in the complexities that are human attraction and sexuality).

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page