Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if my post was deleted. thanks for the encouragment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2010, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am not really understanding? your other post seems to have gone through a glitch or something, locked threads and all that won't appear the way that one does. Why not repost your question? maybe someone can help

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
I am not really understanding? your other post seems to have gone through a glitch or something, locked threads and all that won't appear the way that one does. Why not repost your question? maybe someone can help
I second that - xx

Natural & Proud hbac.gif and Breast Feeder.heartbeat.gif I Believe in Awareness! ribboncesarean.gif..ribbonpb.gif..redbluerib.gif

Birthing against medical advice was necessary!
love.gifheartbeat.gif~~ Doula In Training ~~heartbeat.giflove.gif
Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

i was watching a circ video someone linked and i tensed up down there which made me feel like a freak. it has happened before and someone just said i was just feeling protective
Old 10-27-2010, 11:31 AM

I think we all react differently to pain and seeing pain in others. I had a friend that once told me that she felt her throat constricting when she heard "infant cries"-- like when she was at the grocery store and someone's infant was crying and crying. For me, my reaction to that is usually chest pain- my boobs seem to react to any baby, doesn't even have to be my own!

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
Old 10-27-2010, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the support. it really upsets me when i watchthem, to remind me why i keep debating it for the babies. i just dont get it why people think it dont hurt the poor lil boys
Old 10-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We all react differently to different stimuli. Doctors invariably claim that a boy will not remember his circumcision. Which is largely true if we are talking about conscience memory. However, for me, any time I am in a clinical setting my blood pressure goes up by 50%, and I feel this uncontrollable sense of anxiety. It has been that way all my life, and I believe there is only one explanation - the trauma inflicted on me as a newborn.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:41 PM

Hakunangovi, I totally understand. I had a traumatic experience as a 4 year old child and I have dealt with pretty major anxiety in medical settings ever since. There is a primal memory stored in the mind and body from physical and emotional trauma.
I think it is perfectly normal to have a physical reaction to the pain of another.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 PM

I had a midwife tell me she can feel her bottom opening up when she is around a woman who is dilating and/or pushing. I think we can have physical responses like that when we think about those areas of the body.

I feel STRONG physical reactions to some of my clients on the massage table, sometimes in the part that would correspond to where they're having the pain, sometimes in an area that corresponds to a certain chakra.

"Down there" is the root chakra, which deals with feelings of being unsafe or threatened in the physical body, so it makes perfect sense from an energetic perspective that you'd have that reaction to seeing someone else being physically hurt.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunniemunch View Post
i was watching a circ video someone linked and i tensed up down there which made me feel like a freak. it has happened before and someone just said i was just feeling protective

when i see someone get hurt i get a twinge down there. a painful twinge. kinda clenchy feeling with a little stabby pain added. not sure how to explain it. i cant watch those videos of people having bike accidents or skateboarding accidents or getting kneed in the crotch bc the sensation bothers me. watching a circ video brings me to tears bc the sensation is worse.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
when i see someone get hurt i get a twinge down there. a painful twinge. kinda clenchy feeling with a little stabby pain added. not sure how to explain it. i cant watch those videos of people having bike accidents or skateboarding accidents or getting kneed in the crotch bc the sensation bothers me. watching a circ video brings me to tears bc the sensation is worse.
I get that exact same feeling...

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
Old 10-27-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. i thought it was wrong for it to happen. makes a lot of sense now

makes you want to pick up the hurting babies and give them a hug
Old 10-27-2010, 04:13 PM

Yeah your first post glitched and when I clicked there was nothing there. Glad you put up a new one.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 11-29-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Doctors invariably claim that a boy will not remember his circumcision.

This is an arrogant insensitive attitude.

According to Art Janov (Primal man) early pain/trauma is remembered by the body. And it makes sense. And there consequences.

I noticed on the application form one question is Were you circumcised as an infant?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity22 View Post

Quote:
Doctors invariably claim that a boy will not remember his circumcision.

This is an arrogant insensitive attitude.

According to Art Janov (Primal man) early pain/trauma is remembered by the body. And it makes sense. And there consequences.

I noticed on the application form one question is Were you circumcised as an infant?

what kind of application was it?

thanks,

sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM

When circ became so popular here in the USA it was to stop boys from masturbating because of the pain and trauma so obviously people have known from the beginning that the "memory" of circ is still there even if it isnt a conscious one.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 12-10-2010, 02:34 PM

I think that was in cases of punishing or restricting older boys, but in the case of infants I think the idea was strictly mechanical... Which today's men reject as absurd... But back then there was enough understanding about how intact men masturbate that they seemed to accept the idea that it would prevent or seriously dampen the ability to masturbate.

User Tag List